Hard water and my hair

Quote:
Your so welcome! Trust me, I know what you mean about feeling gross even after you have just washed it and put a hand full of conditioner on it. I even comb my hair with the conditioner still in.

I think I have tried just about any and every product you could think of that would work. The 3 I use together work wonders for my hair. But, if you do try them, you'll have to figure out how much of each your hair requires. If you get too much, it will look greasy. So, just start off with small amounts and keep increasing a little until you get just the right amount, and I think you will see a big difference.

You know, I just don't understand why we can't all have the good hair. It's just not fair.
sad.png

Oh, also, I let my products stay in my hair at least 30 minutes before I blow dry it and style it. That way it has time to really penetrate the hair.

You might try one of the other home remedies first, and that might be all it needs. Hard water is just so damaging to hair.

I do hope that you find something that works for you, because I know how frustrating it is.

It is frustrating!!! Having curly hair to start with is enough, the add the hard water issue and I am BOZO!!!!
lol.png

lau.gif
If I ever decide to fix my hair I'll pm you a before and after photo, so you can see what the products do for my hair. My before is pretty scary
gig.gif

Quote:
It works on mine. It's all I buy now, and I tried EVERYTHING. I tried both home remedies, and many different brands. I was at wits end, and did not want to cut all my hair off like someone else suggested.

They have a packet treatment at Sally also. The girl told me to try that if the shampoo and conditioner didn't get everything out. I haven't had the need to use it yet.

Bluemoon

Last edited:
Quote:
It works on mine. It's all I buy now, and I tried EVERYTHING. I tried both home remedies, and many different brands. I was at wits end, and did not want to cut all my hair off like someone else suggested.

They have a packet treatment at Sally also. The girl told me to try that if the shampoo and conditioner didn't get everything out. I haven't had the need to use it yet.

Bluemoon

AWESOME! I have had hard water before but this is ridiculous! I need to use lime away on our glasses every now and then!

Quote:

Bluemoon

AWESOME! I have had hard water before but this is ridiculous! I need to use lime away on our glasses every now and then!

Oh yeah. I've gone thru a few coffee makers also.
gig.gif

My hair was changing colors. Since using the shampoo it's back to normal, and my neighbor said it's super shiny. All I know is I can run a brush thru it once again without swearing.
roll.png

Bluemoon

Quote:

Oh yeah. I've gone thru a few coffee makers also.
gig.gif

My hair was changing colors. Since using the shampoo it's back to normal, and my neighbor said it's super shiny. All I know is I can run a brush thru it once again without swearing.
roll.png

Bluemoon

Mine just looks and feels dirty all the time. Gross.

I did not read all the posts but you could get a Malibu done to your hair. It strips iron, calcium, chloring, copper, and any mineral discolorations in your hair. You can go get it done it is pretty quick and around $40 for my hair that is past my butt around here. Or you can also get the packets and do it yourself. Just mix the packets put in your hair under a shower cap and use a hair dryer on your hair for 5-15 mins depending on amount of hair and amount of build up. I use it about once a year.

Back
Top Bottom