Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I agree it's not getting enough water. Try measuring an exact amount. When completely dry it take slightly over 1/2 cup. If you're only adding a few tablespoons at time it will look ok but run dry quickly.

Something I noticed with mine, it's my biggest complaint actually, is that the water in the "A" well looks full way before the trough is filled completely. Now, when in doubt, I just add more water. It could be what's happened with you too. You could have initially added another water to maintain humidity. Now that it's been running awhile most of that has evaporated and topping off isn't enough to maintain it at the proper level. It's a pain but if you really want to see what's going on remove the eggs, turner, and base plate before topping off again. Only then will you be able to get an idea of how much water it really needs.

A few days of high or low humidity will not affect the chicks as long as the average over the 21 days is good (for your area).
I’ve always kept side A half full and it’s worked. I read somewhere not to fill it completely so I never have since it’s been fairly good like that. it wad basically dry yesterday morning and humidity was 29 and that happened in 7 hrs from adding water the night before, but like I said just to half full. I guess It’s just evaporating faster than I realized even if it’s not completely empty. This may be a stupid question but filling it up completely shouldn’t make the humidity go up too high right? thanks!

I’ve always kept side A half full and it’s worked. I read somewhere not to fill it completely so I never have since it’s been fairly good like that. it wad basically dry yesterday morning and humidity was 29 and that happened in 7 hrs from adding water the night before, but like I said just to half full. I guess It’s just evaporating faster than I realized even if it’s not completely empty. This may be a stupid question but filling it up completely shouldn’t make the humidity go up too high right? thanks!
Since you've only been partially filling it I don't have a great answer for you. I would think yes. A full well "A" will be higher than what you've been seeing at half full. How much higher I can't say. This might not be a bad thing. Remember humidity is only a tool to get the proper weight loss in the eggs.

I run well "A" as full as I can get it and top off once or twice a day if I remember. I'm in a high desert region that's incredibly arid. Humidity with a full "A" is 40-45. If it runs dry for an hour or more my humidity drops to 4%.

This is only my second hatch with a Nurture Right. After a few years of using other incubators. So take everything I say with a grain on salt. I'm far from experienced with this machine. Just sharing what's worked so far.

Will this humidity bouncing affect the embryo/chick growth?
Not really.
While maintaining temps in a close range is vital, humidity can fluctuate.
Tracing air cells tells you how much moisture the eggs are losing and you can adjust your humidity accordingly.

Not really.
While maintaining temps in a close range is vital, humidity can fluctuate.
Tracing air cells tells you how much moisture the eggs are losing and you can adjust your humidity accordingly.
My temp has been staying 99.5 without fluctuating unless I open the lid. It takes just minutes to get back to good temp.
The air cells are getting larger. I have pulled 3 eggs out so far, but I still can’t see very well into the green eggs. I smell them and check that the air cell is enlarging by drawing the circles. At times I can see darkness that I “think” is growth.
Thanks to everyone here for all the help! You all are so appreciated!!

Since you've only been partially filling it I don't have a great answer for you. I would think yes. A full well "A" will be higher than what you've been seeing at half full. How much higher I can't say. This might not be a bad thing. Remember humidity is only a tool to get the proper weight loss in the eggs.

I run well "A" as full as I can get it and top off once or twice a day if I remember. I'm in a high desert region that's incredibly arid. Humidity with a full "A" is 40-45. If it runs dry for an hour or more my humidity drops to 4%.

This is only my second hatch with a Nurture Right. After a few years of using other incubators. So take everything I say with a grain on salt. I'm far from experienced with this machine. Just sharing what's worked so far.
Thanks for the info. I am filling it completely today and will monitor it all day. This is my first ever hatch and it seemed to be going so well until this,.but glad at the same time because it is a learning and info gathering experience.

I always fill mine all the way, I don't see any reason why it would benefit the hatch in any way to only partially fill it so I don't know what to say about that suggestion. :confused: All I can say is that I've had great successes with my hatches and I do fill it.

Humidity will evaporate from the surface of the water so the surface size doesn't change when you fill side A, it just takes longer to evaporate because it's deeper.

Back
Top Bottom