Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

I have 2 Nuture Right 360 warming up to get ready to set a dozen Pita Pintas eggs that are arriving tomorrow. I was hoping to join in the Easter hatch a long but the eggs shipped early.

my plan is to let the eggs rest for 6-8 hours and then put them in. This is my first hatch so I am going to put some barnyard mix eggs from my flock in too just in case my shipped eggs don’t do well. This is my first time incubating with an incubator and I am so far happy with the way this one has been easy to set up. I took some photos of the temp and humidity checks I did and both temperature and humidity sensors were close.
View attachment 2546185
View attachment 2546187
View attachment 2546188
Pita Pintas are the cutest chicks. Can't wait to see what hatches for you.

Pita Pintas are the cutest chicks. Can't wait to see what hatches for you.
I really really hope I get a good hatch. The eggs are traveling all the way from California to Delaware so a long trip. The seller told me he got me eggs from 2 different flocks so I should get a good mix of genes.

I moved the govee sensor to the other incubator this morning and I can’t believe how rock steady it has been. This one is in my study which also has a large aquarium. I think the rooms temp is more steady. But even the one in the kitchen varied less then a full degree.
View attachment 2546641

OMG...
swoon_zps7c8511f5.gif

I went to candle my eggs tonight. It is Day 14. I'm using a Magicfly handheld candler. The first egg I picked up had this incredible shadow where you could clearly make out two chicken feet. I looked down to grab my cell phone and take a picture and I DROPPED the frigging egg! {INSERT HEART ATTACK HERE....} The egg dropped onto the incubator. I quickly flipped on the kitchen light. The egg I dropped does not appear broken or cracked. Of course I was shaking when trying to recandle it so I'm HOPING that is an accurate statement. However, it DID crack an egg in the incubator. The good news is that the egg which broke is clear. Not fertile.... So now I'm paranoid about the egg I dropped. It fell about 9 - 12 inches approximately. Would that possibly kill the chick inside even if the egg didn't break or crack?

I just loaded up my 360 in the kitchen with 16 eggs from flock. I weighed them and placed marks on each side. While loading the temp of course dropped. I pressed the buttons to do a reset and checked that the day counter returned to 21. The temp and humidity are on their way back up, however now the temp light isn’t flashing like it was before the reset. It is just solid red. Is something wrong or will it flash once it reaches 99.5?

Set my eggs on lockdown tonight in my first NR 360. Have a total of 18 eggs on lockdown. 9 out of the 16 shipped eggs are still alive. I suppose that’s pretty good considering it got pretty cold during shipping? These are my first shipped eggs so I’m not sure. My second incubator goes into lock down in 3 days with 23 eggs alive as of now.
I average about 50% hatch rate on shipped eggs. I always take my whole egg total when I calculate that. I don't subtract for yolkers, infertile, or quitters. So I'd say you're doing pretty good.

OMG... View attachment 2547052

I went to candle my eggs tonight. It is Day 14. I'm using a Magicfly handheld candler. The first egg I picked up had this incredible shadow where you could clearly make out two chicken feet. I looked down to grab my cell phone and take a picture and I DROPPED the frigging egg! {INSERT HEART ATTACK HERE....} The egg dropped onto the incubator. I quickly flipped on the kitchen light. The egg I dropped does not appear broken or cracked. Of course I was shaking when trying to recandle it so I'm HOPING that is an accurate statement. However, it DID crack an egg in the incubator. The good news is that the egg which broke is clear. Not fertile.... So now I'm paranoid about the egg I dropped. It fell about 9 - 12 inches approximately. Would that possibly kill the chick inside even if the egg didn't break or crack?
Yikes! That's scary. I'll tell you though....been there, done that and the chick hatched just fine!!! Only in my case the egg did crack. I repaired it with nail polish. It was the first egg to hatch! So, personally, I think your egg is no worse for the wear. These things happen. It's all part of incubating.

IMG_20200212_113123823.jpg

IMG_20200212_115914702.jpg

Back
Top Bottom