Harvey the Great. . A Great Life with His Harem!

Is he a white Leghorn? I think that I have a roo in my group if 6 week old Cochins.. I am excited.. I never had a roo.. only had chickens for one year now.. but was sort of wanting one.. so now I do.. hope he is a good boy too :fl

No, Harvey is a white jersey giant. Thus the reason he is so BIG! I just got my first leghorn pullets and man are they . . .curious! They climb the trees, they get on top of the run, they explore every inch of their space! I hope your boy turns out gentle and sweet to you and your girls! :hugs

Leghorns on the run top.jpg

No, Harvey is a white jersey giant. Thus the reason he is so BIG! I just got my first leghorn pullets and man are they . . .curious! They climb the trees, they get on top of the run, they explore every inch of their space! I hope your boy turns out gentle and sweet to you and your girls! :hugs

View attachment 1773469
Oh yea, he is big!
I want a Leghorn too... they sound like my EE.. she is so quirky! That’s why I just got three more :D
And thank you.. I sure hope he’s a good one!

I had lost track of the Harvey's Dying thread for a few days and could not figure out how to find it again... when I did, I read it straight through to the end... I have to tell ya, it was like a Hallmark movie, with its twists and turns, all the drama, the almost losing him, the TEARS!!! The people losing faith, your husband's stubbornness, your fears, your determination, the comminity's thoughts, support and prayers, your determination...the MIRACLE!!!..... .Honey, there wasn't a dry eye in my head!

I'm so glad you started this new thread so we can follow along in his ... well, can we call it a resurrection? It is around Easter time, after all. What a great feel-good story!

Anyway, I'm just so glad Harvey has a happily-ever-after going on right now and I hope he keeps it going on for a real long time.

He otta at least get a write-up in the local news.... or CBS' On the Road.... this is a GREAT story! I want a life-size stuffed model of Harvey, a Harvey Lives" or "Harvey Forever" T shirt... Harvey footprints up the back of a jacket ..... I (heart) Harvey! Or somethin! Even a children's book! Yeah!

I had lost track of the Harvey's Dying thread for a few days and could not figure out how to find it again... when I did, I read it straight through to the end... I have to tell ya, it was like a Hallmark movie, with its twists and turns, all the drama, the almost losing him, the TEARS!!! The people losing faith, your husband's stubbornness, your fears, your determination, the comminity's thoughts, support and prayers, your determination...the MIRACLE!!!..... .Honey, there wasn't a dry eye in my head!

I'm so glad you started this new thread so we can follow along in his ... well, can we call it a resurrection? It is around Easter time, after all. What a great feel-good story!

Anyway, I'm just so glad Harvey has a happily-ever-after going on right now and I hope he keeps it going on for a real long time.

He otta at least get a write-up in the local news.... or CBS' On the Road.... this is a GREAT story! I want a life-size stuffed model of Harvey, a Harvey Lives" or "Harvey Forever" T shirt... Harvey footprints up the back of a jacket ..... I (heart) Harvey! Or somethin! Even a children's book! Yeah!

Wow, sounds like you got involved in Harvey's story! I'll let you be in charge of the "Harvey" marketing materials! Maybe you would like to write a book????? Anyway, thanks for caring about a lowly little (big?) rooster like my Harvey! The interest is amazing and very heartwarming. Thank you!:hugs

I have been asked for photos of Harvey and I thought I'd start with him as "Minnie Pearl". See, he was the only white chick and he was supposed to be a pullet as that is all I ordered! Poor guy was called "Pearl" for months until it was apparent that she was a he!

Harvey as Minnie Pearl.jpg

This is Harvey about 4 weeks old. (Above)

Harvey at 6 weeks old.jpg

Harvey at 6 weeks old. March 2018

minner pearl cant walk small.jpg

Suddenly in April he can't walk. Many here on Backyard Chickens said it was Mareks. I put vitamins in the water and he started walking again!! His first healing! Also we knew he was a boy at this point. Darn! Not happy about it at that point, but wouldn't change a thing now!!!!

Harvey small.jpg

Finally I changed Minnie Pearl's name to Harvey! Here he is in May 2018. He is named after the big white rabbit in Jimmy Stewart's famous movie "Harvey". I also have a hen named "Myrtle Mae" from that movie's character.
Harvey on Mother's day 2019.jpg

Here is Harvey a year later restored from another almost fatal illness. This was taken on Mother's Day. I just love me my Harvey!

:love :love :love :love

Back
Top Bottom