Has anyone used the paper mache egg trays in cabinet incubators?

littlefeathers

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 2, 2011
Hi, I am putting eggs in new cabinet incubator and I ordered chicken egg trays. The English orpington eggs are too large (I am afraid to push them in too much & they will definitely touch if I can even do this!) I have some larger paper mache' trays and see online that you can cut holes in them, but I would be more confident if someone has some experience. I also need to add some peafowl eggs today, so I need a larger tray! Thanks!

Hi, I am putting eggs in new cabinet incubator and I ordered chicken egg trays. The English orpington eggs are too large (I am afraid to push them in too much & they will definitely touch if I can even do this!) I have some larger paper mache' trays and see online that you can cut holes in them, but I would be more confident if someone has some experience. I also need to add some peafowl eggs today, so I need a larger tray! Thanks!
yes you may

I have used them and I have seen loads of photos of peoples incubators with paper trays.

Do you take the eggs out of the egg cartons on lockdown or keep them in? I have 22 eggs in egg cartons so far so good but Sunday is lockdown for me and not sure if I need to take them out and lay them flat.

Do you take the eggs out of the egg cartons on lockdown or keep them in? I have 22 eggs in egg cartons so far so good but Sunday is lockdown for me and not sure if I need to take them out and lay them flat.
i hatch several breeds at once soi transfer to baskets and lay them down.

many people swear by hatching in cartons though

I am using them now in DIY coolerbator. I open a hole in the middle part to get more exposed egg surface. I also turned it upside so the eggs don't sit down in the cup.
I put them in, 02/0214, one has hatched today with several starting to pip.

Thanks so much! I did cut out the bottom to allow more air circulation and I will remove them and lay flat for lockdown. Another adventure :)

Back
Top Bottom