Hatch Along - Setting eggs June 7th.....anyone else?

Hard to believe it's lock down time already. I will lock down tonight. I think I will remove the clear eggs...never candled before this batch! But most are dark with an air cell...but a dozen look clear. And by removing them I will give the others more room to hatch! This is my first batch of purchased eggs...so real nervous!
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I will be locking down tonight too. I'm also using the Brinsea Eco 20 and have found it hard to keep the humidity where it's supposed to be. I think sponges, or a wet paper towel is good.

Hoping we all have chick pics to share later this week!
fl.gif

I am locking down Tuesday night. Chicks due Friday evening, give or take. I only have three of eight eggs that developed. Fingers crossed for healthy hatches! For everyone!

How in the world can you see inside your Marans eggs? I can't see anything! I can't get my temp up....but my humidity is good.
I'm not sure about your vent...I think I'm supposed to leave mine in until after hatching.

How in the world can you see inside your Marans eggs? I can't see anything! I can't get my temp up....but my humidity is good.
I'm not sure about your vent...I think I'm supposed to leave mine in until after hatching.
Hi Deanna, I found with a Marans egg a LED flashlight with the edges taped worked better than the OvaScope. Still, it's hard to see.

I am using the strongest LED flashlight I could find...didn't tape the edges, but still, they are so dark. We are just calling them the surprise eggs.

I couldn't see in my marans either. It is more at the point now they are black vs. i can't see in them lol. As this is my first time hatching I think i'm just going to leave them alone for now. I also think I am going to keep the vent closed or almost closed to help with the humidity. I have read that it goes up when they start to hatch, so when I see cracks and such I will start to open the vent and monitor the temp so that enough oxygen gets in there.

-Denise

Back
Top Bottom