Hatch-Along - Setting eggs this weekend (Jan5/6) WHOS WITH ME!

Im soooooo tempted to candle an egg and see if I have signs of veining. I need to keep repeating I will not candle... I will not candle... I hope it works. So has anyone started turning yet? And who else has the candling itch?

Last edited:
Finally posting a picture of my eggs set on 1-5-13. Yesterday my 5 yr old grandson adjusted the temp for me and when I looked 2 hours later it was 104. Hopefully it wasn't long enough to do damage.
fl.gif

I don't pay ANY attention to humidity. Last spring it hovered at 16 percent until hatch time. All that were fertile hatched. It's starting out at 16 percent this hatch also.
Your eggs are very pretty I love the colors. What are the tiny ones?

Hahaha...don't do it! No candling for ummm....what are you on day 3? I know you can wait it out. (I got a brand new flashlight just for the purpose of canding.....boy oh boy is it bright). I haven't started turning yet but I think tomorrow I'll start. I don't know why I have this compulsion to want to turn them, but I sure do. They've been laying there at 99.8 spot on for 3 days (even though the first day doesn't count). I can't wait for day 7.

Im soooooo tempted to candle an egg and see if I have signs of veining. I need to keep repeating I will not candle... I will not candle... I hope it works. So has anyone started turning yet? And who else has the candling itch?
well..... Gracie is turning hers already
gig.gif

and yes, the urge to candle is pretty strong... but since our eggs are brown shelled I figure to wait till at least Saturday for a better chance (especially since candling is new to me and I figure I'm going to totally mess it up!)

LOL I wont do it. ANd I have the same weird urge to turn them also. Almoost like itll move the process along faster if they are moving. Im gonna start turning on I think Thurs.

well..... Gracie is turning hers already
gig.gif

and yes, the urge to candle is pretty strong... but since our eggs are brown shelled I figure to wait till at least Saturday for a better chance (especially since candling is new to me and I figure I'm going to totally mess it up!)
Good Girl Gracie!

What kind of eggs are under her again? Dark brown will be hard but light to medium brown is easy. I candled a few of my last batch on day 3 and you can see obvious veining. That is why im so tempted to check now on this batch... But I wont

Last edited:
They are light to medium brown color...

black Australorp and Barred Rock

And DON'T TELL ME I COULD SEE VEINS ALREADY!!!! it is already hard enough to control the urge to look!!
tongue2.gif

now the urge is worse and I told myself I would be 'hands off' till at least day 7! good thing I am at work today so I can't be tempted anymore!

I just keep repeating to myself....

The weekend will get here!!

Back
Top Bottom