Hatch-Along - setting eggs tonight or tom who's with me on this

Thanks! cracked 3 tonight and they were all clear so I feel confident now! There is one that looked like a blood ring on day 5-7 and now does not?! Gonna leave that one as a maybe and crack the rest tomorrow! here's what I got so far

this last one are some day 5 amercaunas

They are looking great! I'm glad you got your answers about the others - and as for the maybe, give it a couple of days. I had the same thing - I started with 27, dropped and broke 1, now I am down to 23 - I had one that was cracked when I set it, one that was infertile and one quitter......the other 23 are going very strong right now..... :)

Thanks for the advice. I'm glad that I didn't do anything with those eggs (sandpaper etc). Just seemed to make sense. Does a hen wash the eggs she broods over?

I'm on day 9 now. I think I may candle again tonight and discard the clears, with eggtopsies to be performed.

Thanks again...it's good to know I have people to "hold my hand" through this.
hugs.gif

Thanks! cracked 3 tonight and they were all clear so I feel confident now! There is one that looked like a blood ring on day 5-7 and now does not?! Gonna leave that one as a maybe and crack the rest tomorrow! here's what I got so far

this last one are some day 5 amercaunas

I am no expert but have never seen any movement whatsoever in my eggs due to the dark shells.

I candled tonight and removed 10 out of 34 eggs. All were clear on eggtopsy. There were 5 more that I kept because they were questionable but hard to see because of the blue color. I think I'm hopeful that they will develop. Will reassess again in a day or two.

Today is day 10 for me.

Thanks Rarebear,

let me know what happened with that one with the questionable blood ring. I have a similar appearance in one of my black copper maran eggs, almost like a dark vein that is segmented. I'll re candle tonight.

I really wanted to add in blue egg layers to my mix but I don't think that many of the ameraucana eggs I set made it. So far two of the eight have shown growth, I cracked two clear ones last night, and kept the other 4 in the incubator "in case" they grew but I can't see it due to candling limits. I figure if it turns really dark like my other BCM eggs something must be developing inside.

if I need/want to add more blue egg layers after this, I've been considering the cream legbar. Anyone have any experience with these?

ahhhhh are you soo excited?! Lockdown for us is on sunday. Eggs are getting dark here and the wait is killing me! Good luck!
pop.gif

I go on lockdown on Sunday too - I can't wait! I know it's still 5+ days away but I'm ready for it! How many do you have set? I've got 23 currently progressing nicely.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom