Hatch-Along - Setting eggs week of Feb 4th..anyone else?

NOTHING...
Its day 20, and I set the eggs at noon, so I'm not getting too terribly concerned yet.

There are reports of massive snow coming here though, and school may be cancelled tomorrow...7 minute car ride from my school to my home... take em home, or leave em at school?
I am in Wichita KS and we are getting pounded by this snow storm. I had my eggs in batons in my class and elected to bring them home yesterday. Glad I did. They are popping out like popcorn. And school was closed today for the third day. May be closed tomorrow also... Go getem

I am in Wichita KS and we are getting pounded by this snow storm. I had my eggs in batons in my class and elected to bring them home yesterday. Glad I did. They are popping out like popcorn. And school was closed today for the third day. May be closed tomorrow also... Go getem
Well I went up to check on them... Our snow only lasted for a few minutes and then stopped.. they think it may be done now.

I just got back from my classroom and there's not a single pip. Tomorrow will be day 21, so I just made a little blanket tent to keep out any drafts that may happen, and I'll keep an eye on things tonight. My hubby offered to drive if roads do freeze and school is cancelled, but it seems that at MOST we will just have a delayed start. I'm guessing not even that at this point.

My little guys are taking there sweet time to get out. They are slowly making progress. But the ones membrane looks really thick! Is this normal?

I used to live in Wichita,
Now i'm in Florida! It was a chilly 80 degrees here today... brrr

It's the end of day 22 for my eggs now and I don't even have a pip or any movement. Should I abort and break em open to see if any got started or should I wait longer before opening that incubator?

I used to live in Wichita,
Now i'm in Florida! It was a chilly 80 degrees here today... brrr

It's the end of day 22 for my eggs now and I don't even have a pip or any movement. Should I abort and break em open to see if any got started or should I wait longer before opening that incubator?
I would wait a couple more days... sometimes they're slowpokes.

I would wait till day 24 then if you do not have any pips it might be a bust. Sometimes if your bator is running a degree or two colder than it should it will delay hatches up to a couple days. Have you calibrated your thermometer they can go out from time to time so if this hatch is a bust I would check there first.

I have hatched many times so I've seen some of the extreme circumstances.

Anyways, as far as leaving eggs in the incubator, I have had chicks hatch as late as day 27 because of low temps. so give them time.

I have one out, one zipping, 2 more pipped.... hoping the one out doesn't knock the others too much but so far my cupcake papers are working....

Last edited:
One of my Cream Legbar eggs just hatched, its a boy. I have 1 Cream Legbar egg left, I really hope its a girl. Keep your fingers crossed for me
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom