Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning, Happy Chicken People!

Yay for a sunny day with temps a bit higher! It's going to be a great day! I need to go count and see how many chicks have hatched since yesterday. I'll do that after I feed.

Have a wonderful day!

Welcome Krafty............. no need for CPL tohave two boxes shipping this way if that Roo can ride with my two coming down. So lets hope he can and plan your visit for after she can ship. (couple of weeksis what I was told last night)

ok we have extra silver appleyard ducklings again this week from hatching for orders............will take a head count this morning, but if anyone is interested will make a deal on them tobe shipped on Monday.

Welcome Krafty............. no need for CPL tohave two boxes shipping this way if that Roo can ride with my two coming down. So lets hope he can and plan your visit for after she can ship. (couple of weeksis what I was told last night)

ok we have extra silver appleyard ducklings again this week from hatching for orders............will take a head count this morning, but if anyone is interested will make a deal on them tobe shipped on Monday.

Let me know about the ducklings :)

Okay, so far I have two Cuckoo Marans out, and four Barnies! I had to snatch them out of the hatcher, and there are more eggs pipped, including EE/OEs from Walli! I'll be gone about 24 hours, which is why I snatched yesterdays chicks out when eggs are pipping. But they are lovely, good, strong chicks. I moved a chick from the previous hatch in with them, to help them learn the ropes. It's a bantam with a slipped tendon that refuses to fix, so it's getting run over with his LF age-mates. Next weekend when my son heads back through, he'll pick it up for snake food. Poor guy. But he can't live like he is.

Hmmmm.....both of those marans have a huge white blotch on their heads. Both of them.

I'm glad I claimed more barnies and cuckoo marans. These chicks are lovely!

Chicken fever. I have it.

In other news, my sons dog is going to drive us nuts this week. We are used to more placid breeds. Our mastiffs and even the great dane pup are calmer than his rescue doggie. Dusty is a good boy. Just really, really active. And small, for us, as he's about 45 pounds. Even the 16 week old is way bigger! So he scoots between my feet or in front of me as fast as lightening, it seems. And he is NOT chicken-safe. He must be watched when outside. Dusty is Joe's best buddy, and they are well suited to each other, but I guess we're just too old for such high energy!

Last edited:
Okay, so far I have two Cuckoo Marans out, and four Barnies! I had to snatch them out of the hatcher, and there are more eggs pipped, including EE/OEs from Walli! I'll be gone about 24 hours, which is why I snatched yesterdays chicks out when eggs are pipping. But they are lovely, good, strong chicks. I moved a chick from the previous hatch in with them, to help them learn the ropes. It's a bantam with a slipped tendon that refuses to fix, so it's getting run over with his LF age-mates. Next weekend when my son heads back through, he'll pick it up for snake food. Poor guy. But he can't live like he is.

Hmmmm.....both of those marans have a huge white blotch on their heads. Both of them.

I'm glad I claimed more barnies and cuckoo marans. These chicks are lovely!

Chicken fever. I have it.

In other news, my sons dog is going to drive us nuts this week. We are used to more placid breeds. Our mastiffs and even the great dane pup are calmer than his rescue doggie. Dusty is a good boy. Just really, really active. And small, for us, as he's about 45 pounds. Even the 16 week old is way bigger! So he scoots between my feet or in front of me as fast as lightening, it seems. And he is NOT chicken-safe. He must be watched when outside. Dusty is Joe's best buddy, and they are well suited to each other, but I guess we're just too old for such high energy!
thumbsup.gif
so glad ...hope more hatch for you!!!

So I got a light sussex chick on a whim but have been puzzled about it's coloring ever since. but I think I have just had an epiphany. I think it is a Basque! what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom