hatching geese eggs

Tsk Tsk, i was talking about duckling pics!
big_smile.png

Ha! Pete you make me laugh. Let's just hope the wind doesn't blow and we're all safe from the show! Ha.

Now where's my prize for being right? Ha!

These aren't the dewlaps that I'm talking about these are the utility Toulouse that were in the first shipment I got, all loose air cells. They are day 4. I'm so nervous about jostling the eggs I held them perfectly upright while trying to look for development. Not the most conducive for candling.
Dewlaps just went in Saturday evening so just about 30ish hours in now.

Since we can mention ducks here without getting in trouble I need to brag. We went to a show this weekend. It was our state fairs' spring livestock and poultry show. My daughters white call cock won best bantam duck, best duck, and champion waterfowl. Also with one of our buff Orpington pullets she won Jr. champ English, JR. Champ large fowl, and Jr reserve best of show. Oh and I won all the same in open for our orp hen. Due to donations made by P. Allen Smith's poultry conservancy and the regular fair jackpots I'm guessing between the two of us we won somewhere around $500. How awesome is that!!
57451_img_0942.jpg

57451_img_0940.jpg

WOW Kassandra that is IMPRESSIVE!

Thats the kind of result you only dream about getting at the shows - MY CONGRATULATIONS
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

Lovely photos of your girl and look at that rosette - why is everything bigger and better in the States! I wanted to move over their years ago
wink.png

Add to that your winnings of $500 - that would burn a hole in my pocket and I'd celebrate with another purchase
smile.png

Pete
wink.png

Ha. Yep the rosettes we came home with were quite a pile. Thanks so much. These were her first wins so very exciting.

And don't you worry. Right after the awards ceremony and the knowledge of future money in her pocket she marched me straight down to the goat barn so she could purchase a SQ bottle raised Nigerian Dwarf doeling. ..... So now we have a goat and she doesn't have much money!
lau.gif

Booker...Yes we still want to see pics even tho they are ducks, we dont care if its photos your lilly white ass, you know everyone loves photos around here
lau.gif
. My old boss back home got a German Shorthaird from his wife 1 year for Fathers Day. That darn dog was crazier than a loon, ate holes in everything and ran....no catching the crazy thing once it was off the leash.
Vik...Kermit does not look to impressed at all
gig.gif
, Ill be glad once youve hatched him out some babies to beat up.
tongue.png

Buff....Congratulations to your daughter on her big wins
ya.gif

Balbinka.....is your baby starting to feather out yet, mine are and are just sprouting their tail feathers and above their wigs.
Pete, how long does it take to incubate torti eggs, or did I miss it on your post somewhere, you will have to keep us updated on it with pics to keep us all entertained and educated. The phtos are great
thumbsup.gif

Mine are starting to look scraggly, their pin feathers are coming in and they are HUGE!!!! And eat!!!! OMG, you would think I starve these geese I tell you. I have them outside during the day and its now to a point I have to lugg the 4 goslings out, then go back and get 7 Runners then the last 7 Runners. Its a hike to get then from the bottom end of the house, all the way thru with the 3 dogs under my feet, out and down the yard, thru 2 gates to get them where im putting them. By the time I do that im sweating to death. I still have the spoiled things in the spare room. They dont look all that big in the photo but you try lugging them across the yard 2 times a day, its a back breaker I tell you.
Im surprised you guys in here havent opened up a room on Facebook for all the goosey people. We opened one for ducks a while back, yes granted its mostly BYC people but its just somewhere else to go and have a banter. Heres the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_177812368929238&ap=1 i hope it works. If not just type in..the duck group you will find us.

mothersdayprezzie003.jpg

Mum...we made a mud puddle!!!!

mothersdayprezzie002.jpg

And heres a pic just so you can see who your chatting to

olderpics304.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, great rosettes Buff, well done!

Gofaster- I love the pics of all goslings and ducklings, they look brill, must keep you fit lugging them backwards and forwards, you've got your hands full there!!

Pete - we're not getting any of that sunny weather up here, it's been wet and stormy for a couple of days now, typical when I've actually got a couple of goslings who'd appreciate some sun.........send some our way
cool.png

Last edited:
Hi there Nicky

Love your pics and think its so funny that your having to carry those babies about still
lol.png
What a pleasure to finally put a face to the nameand what a lovely shot of you with the horse. You look so friendly and actually as I imagined you (a compliment)
smile.png

Mtacagni - its been dry here in Suffolk for months now and like Summer every day!!! We're crying out for water on this side of England
smile.png

Pete
wink.png

Oh I tell ya, it aint funny toteing them in and out, kills my arms having to hold the tub in front of me so im not slinging them all over the place. They are HEAVY. Their butts are officially evicted. They turn into big boys & girls tonight...they dont know it yet and Im going to have to tote them up and down the stairs to the duck house for a week untill their little legs can reach. All I have left to do it put shaving down and Ill put their food & water in and Ill open a pet carrier so they can go in there to sleep. Roll on 25 days for my next lot of Runners to hatch. The house is going to be quiet tonight with no baby goose noises coming up the hallway.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom