Hatching!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think so. The bruise is an indication that they were malpositioned. What do you think @casportpony ? It was day 31
They were malpositioned and could not pip. I used to ignore the ones with bruises and just hope they would pip on their own, but the majority of the time they wouldn't and would die, so now when I see a bruise like that I pip for them then stick them back in the incubator.

Last edited:
Bruises happen from blood vessels punctured too..Most times it's nothing..
Ok, thanks for the info. But no turning back now. :confused: I just did what I did following the post i posted because no one answered my thread in the inconbation thread. I followed my instincts, which I admit can be completely wrong since my first batch. If I helped to early wouldn't they turn away from the hole I made?

Ok, thanks for the info. But no turning back now. :confused: I just did what I did following the post i posted because no one answered my thread in the inconbation thread. I followed my instincts, which I admit can be completely wrong since my first batch. If I helped to early wouldn't they turn away from the hole I made?
I understand you panicked..Everyone does when they don't know. Nothing can be changed now so do not start interfering at all..Many hours to wait yet. Keep humidity high and membrane oiled. It should workout..

No need to second guess yourself. :hugs I would have done exactly as you did.

Certain shaped bruises, usually round, mean they are trying to pip, but sometimes they cannot because they are malpositioned. These bruises are most common in the "away from air cell" and the "upside down" malpositions.

**edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand you panicked..Everyone does when they don't know. Nothing can be changed now so do not start interfering at all..Many hours to wait yet. Keep humidity high and membrane oiled. It should workout..
I dont feel I did panic. After not getting advice, I researched. Felt I had informed myself and had my answer on what to do next. I feel like I made the right choice. It was either hope it turns out. Or make sure it works out, in my opinion......

I dont feel I did panic. After not getting advice, I researched. Felt I had informed myself and had my answer on what to do next. I feel like I made the right choice. It was either hope it turns out. Or make sure it works out, in my opinion......
Either way I wish you all the luck of the Irish in this working out great...Best wishes...:frow

So I went and checked on the eggs and the one with the smaller hole had died, it was not very actively yawning and chewing and peeping like the other one. I pulled it out after I realized it was stiff and had died. The yolk sac was still pretty big. Was it to tired after trying to pip upside down to absorb?

Attachments

• 20180525_123654.jpg
    20180525_123654.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 48
So I went and checked on the eggs and the one with the smaller hole had died, it was not very actively yawning and chewing and peeping like the other one. I pulled it out after I realized it was stiff and had died. The yolk sac was still pretty big. Was it to tired after trying to pip upside down to absorb?
20180525_123654-jpg.1404663
Sorry for your loss. :hugs
To me it looks like most of the veins are gone and that for some reason it wasn't able to absorb it's yolk.

Back
Top Bottom