Have a goose egg on day 28, and have ???

Love my Critters!

Songster
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
Carlsbad, NM
I incubated 1 lone goose egg for my neighbor girl. I'm on day 28, I can feel movement in the egg, I never had luck candling it though. When should it hatch? Do they peep and pip just like chickens or not. How warm should the brooder be for it? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. This is my first time with anything other than chickens.
thanks,
Michelle

I don't know what kind of goose. The adults that roam around the river are just plant white and white/grey. Black beaks and feet and some have orange beaks and feet. They are fairly large. They are not like Canadian Geese. I only know them as plain standard geese. I do have my humidity up around 68-70 so that and the temp are in good shape. I just need to know what to watch for while it's hatching and then if there is anything special I need to do for the brooder.

Just let it be. As long as humidity is 70 to 75% you are great. It takes much longer for these guys to hatch. It can take 24 to 36 hours after the first pip. Relax and it will be fine. Also make sure you give it non- medicated started. I use game bird or meat bird feed for mine. Jenn

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom