Heat pad?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...er-picture-heavy-update.956958/#post-14882145

It works like a mother bird in that they get under it and warm by making contact with the heat. I use a frame like this
20180211_154450.jpg

The legs make height fully adjustable, including low enough for tiny cots. I've ordered from ebay and also bought from walmart when I needed an additional pad in a hurry.

I'm thinking about using a heating pad for my newborn quail but how does it work? Do you lay it all across the brooder and if its in a specific area, wont the chicks get cold? And also could use a good website for a heating pad.

Kinda depends on how many and the ambient room temp. I have two seperated day old quail on a heating pad which is just draped over the side of the tank but theyre in my living room which is usually 70* or above.

I have 2 day old quail but do you think I could put a heat lamp on during the day? Will the quail automatically go under it during night. And also, do I need a specific quail heat pad or does any work?

Hey guys not to hijack the thread but since you are talking about hearing - what is the other heat lamp that is NOT red? Who uses a “not red” heat lamp?

I don’t know what it’s called and I don’t know what to search on amazon to find the right thing I don’t want to waste my time and $ and have to return it.

So instead of red - isn’t there a white light that gives heat you can use?

Ok sorry thanks.

Screenshot_20190214-150836.png
Hey guys not to hijack the thread but since you are talking about hearing - what is the other heat lamp that is NOT red? Who uses a “not red” heat lamp?

I don’t know what it’s called and I don’t know what to search on amazon to find the right thing I don’t want to waste my time and $ and have to return it.

So instead of red - isn’t there a white light that gives heat you can use?

Ok sorry thanks.
Regular lamp light bulb. It works I use it in a regular old clippy lamp.

View attachment 1673481
Regular lamp light bulb. It works I use it in a regular old clippy lamp.

Yeah I have a clamp / clippy light but you are saying you use a normal white bulb like for a normal lamp? That gives enough heat? What wattage? I never heard that how interesting, I thought I had to use special bulb!? I have the red ones and I dunno I rather use something not red it annoys me... maybe that is weird but it’s hot and I don’t like the color and I’ve burnt my hand and have scars haha

Back
Top Bottom