Hello

Hope this is posted in the right place.. I am a new chickener... My small flock is about 8 months old now. I started with 5 gals and 5 gys. bought em as chicks. lost one rooster to racoons and 1 to a heart attack and one was just a meaney so he got eaten.. the 5 gals are separated in a coop and penned yard, the boyz are free to wander about. They come into my house alot lol. Have learned a lot this past summer and winter. I live in cold area, gets to -40 C usually around -20 C or colder. in winter. lots of good info and tips here so I joined .. thnx fer having me.. :)

Hope this is posted in the right place.. I am a new chickener... My small flock is about 8 months old now. I started with 5 gals and 5 gys. bought em as chicks. lost one rooster to racoons and 1 to a heart attack and one was just a meaney so he got eaten.. the 5 gals are separated in a coop and penned yard, the boyz are free to wander about. They come into my house alot lol. Have learned a lot this past summer and winter. I live in cold area, gets to -40 C usually around -20 C or colder. in winter. lots of good info and tips here so I joined .. thnx fer having me.. :)
welcome.gif Welcome to Backyard Chickens!
That is a very cold place for sure!

Welcome! You'll learn a lot from the other chicken lovers. I always pick up great ideas from them.

Back
Top Bottom