Hello

Hope this is posted in the right place.. I am a new chickener... My small flock is about 8 months old now. I started with 5 gals and 5 gys. bought em as chicks. lost one rooster to racoons and 1 to a heart attack and one was just a meaney so he got eaten.. the 5 gals are separated in a coop and penned yard, the boyz are free to wander about. They come into my house alot lol. Have learned a lot this past summer and winter. I live in cold area, gets to -40 C usually around -20 C or colder. in winter. lots of good info and tips here so I joined .. thnx fer having me.. :)

I’m very new to chicken keeping but have always had animals in the household. .....and ALWAYS get so upset when one dies. Ok, I’m talking of dogs here, BUT, I’ve quickly adjusted to a feathered friend after my OH badgering me for years to get chickens :jumpy
Chickens are so fun to watch. I'm glad you have feathered friend now LOL What breed is it?

Hope this is posted in the right place.. I am a new chickener... My small flock is about 8 months old now. I started with 5 gals and 5 gys. bought em as chicks. lost one rooster to racoons and 1 to a heart attack and one was just a meaney so he got eaten.. the 5 gals are separated in a coop and penned yard, the boyz are free to wander about. They come into my house alot lol. Have learned a lot this past summer and winter. I live in cold area, gets to -40 C usually around -20 C or colder. in winter. lots of good info and tips here so I joined .. thnx fer having me.. :)
Welcome! You'll learn a lot from the other chicken lovers. I always pick up great ideas from them.

welcome.gif Welcome to Backyard Chickens!
That is a very cold place for sure!

Back
Top Bottom