Hello

Oh wow, Are the two hens laying? You going to build a new coop or buy one?

Eldest son is a joiner and OH is handy so it’ll be built at the back of the house as I want a new lawn put down in the Spring.
I have an extension room to the side of the garage where two dogs were going to live but my son took them to his new house in the next village when he got married.
So, I think I may have a run built from that. Maybe.
How many/breeds have you?
Youngest son has killed/eaten fish and fowl but I haven’t. I don’t think I could do that, BUT I realise you gotta eat :confused: Keeping chickens for their eggs will do me. :jumpy

I’m very new to chicken keeping but have always had animals in the household. .....and ALWAYS get so upset when one dies. Ok, I’m talking of dogs here, BUT, I’ve quickly adjusted to a feathered friend after my OH badgering me for years to get chickens :jumpy
yep me too, I have 6 dogs and a couple cats. have had up to 11 dogs, they are mostly home grown . 4 generations of my dogs here..:)

Is that in Canada? It would be helpful if you could put at least your general area in your profile :)
Lol, yep I am working on it.. trying to find a pic fer my profile thatdoesn't look to hillbilly .. ;) I am in Canada, province of Saskatchewan near the town of Fort Quepelle, by Regina. I live on a smal 80 acre farm just on top of a valley sorta..

Hi, I was given 11 Silkie eggs and bought an incubator after a promised clocker didn’t materialise.
They hatched in my kitchen on the 28th June last year. Still waiting for my first egg.
7 hatched out of 11. Two hens and five (!!!) cockerels, so I gave four of them back to the ‘egg donor’ last week, and now I have my trio
I love my dogs, love sewing and baking....really sad, I know!
This forum is really helping me.
Next project? A new coop! I have coop envy after seeing others on here. ALSO.....it’s just started to snow! I have to rethink their accommodation :thumbsup
I built my coop out of chunk of plywood laying about the yard, bought some fencing and a red light. basically my coop is a box on legs with a ramp.. lol not pretty but it works.. although my birds do not seem to be into roosting, they prefer to be under the coop. I have to collect em and put em in the coop at night. They do go in to lay eggs though :)

I built my coop out of chunk of plywood laying about the yard, bought some fencing and a red light. basically my coop is a box on legs with a ramp.. lol not pretty but it works.. although my birds do not seem to be into roosting, they prefer to be under the coop. I have to collect em and put em in the coop at night. They do go in to lay eggs though :)
Lock them into the coop fro three days. That will home them to the coop

Back
Top Bottom