Help!! Advice Needed on Air Cell Size and Adjustments to Reach Ideal When Incubating Duck Eggs

Oh Lordy, I am sorry once again. I am awful at remembering to check one threads.

How did your hatch go? For next time, when the membrane starts to dry out I use a q-tip and coconut oil. Rub the coconut oil all over the membrane and it will keep it from drying out too much. You may need to apply it twice a day or so, depending on the humidity.

I hope it all went well. Post pics of your babies!
Thank you for responding! Yes I did use coconut oil. Unfortunately the chick who pipped early didn’t make it. I was so worried about him I opened the shell above the membrane to see if he was ready to hatch. He still had visible veins so I left him in. The next morning he was able to push himself out the whole I made above the air cell. He still had quite a bit of unabsorbed yolk 😔. He made it a few days after hatch, but that’s all. I had only about a 15% hatch rate. I was using a cheap incubator off amazon and I have ordered a Hova-Bator in hopes of a better hatch rate. Here is some pics of the chickies that did hatch!
7A3B67F0-9A02-42C0-AB9C-C6A399814D82.jpeg
283BF22B-4377-46E7-85D4-F1E23054CF85.jpeg
9FBA4EFF-6552-49BE-AAD9-C506138165D7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom