Help! Air cell’s too small but duckling’s still Alive trying to pip!

Pics
That’s good I’m really glad to hear that, thank you! Seeing as this one’s in 36 hours and well, I’m going to leave the other one that pipped for 36 hours (going to be 24 hours in an hour) before taking off the external pip bit to get a look inside and avoid opening up the air cell unless I absolutely need to - does that sound like a good plan? The egg is a lot quieter though, doesn’t peep at all in response, I took it out once yesterday to check in on it and it was just tapping, since I’ve been opening the incubator a lot I’ve avoided taking the other egg out incase it effects it too much. It’s in the same boat as the current egg in that it hasn’t unzipped so far since the pip
I have been reading through this post
My fingers are crossed for you
I don’t have call ducks but have had assists due to smaller eggs
Patients is our best friend while helping
You have some great helpers on here to guide you

Hatching eggs is nerve racking- especially when you are expecting bumps in road, assisted hatches can be complicated and many don’t have access to training resources regarding them. Good luck with you call ducklings, and be sure to post picks once the fluff.
One of the reasons I don’t assist in hatches often is because it’s something I don’t like about call ducks. I wish that in the future it can be corrected, but with calls being introduced to the pet trade, demand is rising and quality is sinking.
You did what you felt was necessary for the survival of your duckling.
I understand - and especially with show quality ducks, they’re like the pugs of the duck world. I’ll definitely post picks once the ducklings all fluffed up! Do I need to give the duckling anything extra? Considering I assisted it quite a bit. I tried looking for vitamin B complex online but i could find any for ducks or poultry - I do have nutritional yeast ready though (I believe it was a table spoon per cup?)

I have been reading through this post
My fingers are crossed for you
I don’t have call ducks but have had assists due to smaller eggs
Patients is our best friend while helping
You have some great helpers on here to guide you
Thank you, and I really do, I’m incredibly grateful for all the help we’ve received, we genuinely couldn’t have done it without any of you ❤️

I understand - and especially with show quality ducks, they’re like the pugs of the duck world. I’ll definitely post picks once the ducklings all fluffed up! Do I need to give the duckling anything extra? Considering I assisted it quite a bit. I tried looking for vitamin B complex online but i could find any for ducks or poultry - I do have nutritional yeast ready though (I believe it was a table spoon per cup?)
The nutrition yeast is correct
Baby Wong need anything for a bit
The yolk keeps them going so just let him rest now
Vitamin B complex won’t be fir ducks I get the people one
@Miss Lydia would be good to ask where and how much

The nutrition yeast is correct
Baby Wong need anything for a bit
The yolk keeps them going so just let him rest now
Vitamin B complex won’t be fir ducks I get the people one
@Miss Lydia would be good to ask where and how much
Oh ok I’ll hopefully be able to bounce off a couple I find online and see which ones best for the duckling and order it in soon! The other eggs made another crack finally! I think the hatching of this one’s triggered it and the duckling should be fine on it’s own

Oh ok I’ll hopefully be able to bounce off a couple I find online and see which ones best for the duckling and order it in soon! The other eggs made another crack finally! I think the hatching of this one’s triggered it and the duckling should be fine on it’s own
the one we used in the USA is a liquid for cattle. It has the most niacin in it. Here is a picture of the bottle. I would just put a few drops in their little food dish when they start eating which won't be for a day or two. You could put it in the water also but they make such a mess with the water I don't do that as most of it gets wasted.
A86322DF-C73B-40F3-9061-075DC90A598A.jpeg

Poultry nutri drench, nutritional yeast (commonly Bragg’s), brewer’s yeast (whether AniMed is safe is debated, I avoid), and Sav-a-Chic are all products I have used. Nutri drench is the go-to for weak or newly shipped poultry for me. B complex is the “big gun”.

Yes they do trigger each other
If baby is doing external pips on his own let him be. They tend to do one then stop for awhile it’s just to get air in once the air cell runs out but they don’t zip till they are fully absorbed
This can take 24 or longer.

Back
Top Bottom