Help! Air cell’s too small but duckling’s still Alive trying to pip!

Pics
When did he hatch? I'd imagine he's dry enough for the brooder if its warmed up and ready-
I only left mine in for 1-2 hours, once they were mostly dry I took them out and let them dry in the warmth of the brooder- Mainly because I dislike seeing other eggs knocked about!

For the other egg, could we see a photo?
Oh ok - I’ll take the duckling out now then! I think it was around 6pm when the duckling came out? It’s also been 41 hours since the other duckling pipped.

Since posting that I’ve gone ahead and opened it up to get a better look. Unlike the other duckling there wasn’t any prominent veins on the front but at an angle the membrane further back was white and had come off the shell. I again wet the membrane with coconut oil and put it back in the incubator - have been checking in hourly, and wetting the membrane. And unlike the other duckling this one isn’t yawning or chewing. it also doesn’t peep as much either. I don’t know if it’s the case of it giving up as Wvduck mentioned since I’d left it to do it’s thing and unzip but after a bit it stopped.
F160F966-04CE-4AE5-9DBB-E750D7211134.jpeg

When did he hatch? I'd imagine he's dry enough for the brooder if its warmed up and ready-
I only left mine in for 1-2 hours, once they were mostly dry I took them out and let them dry in the warmth of the brooder- Mainly because I dislike seeing other eggs knocked about!

For the other egg, could we see a photo?
Oh it’s managed to push out of the egg now! Should I still remove the dry one or wait till the other one dried up as well?

I'd wait, best to move them in pairs.
Ok I’ll do that! I’m a bit concerned about it’s shell right now, it came out in one swoop and didn’t have the shell attached with the umbilical cord. The duckling can’t seem to straighten itself out off the side either, just flailing around
image.jpg
image.jpg

I’m a bit concerned about it’s shell right now, it came out in one swoop and didn’t have the shell attached with the umbilical cord. The duckling can’t seem to straighten itself out off the side either, just flailing around
Wow, heavy veins in there.
Any blood smears on the bottom of the bator?
I'd just give it time to gather itself.

Wow, heavy veins in there.
Any blood smears on the bottom of the bator?
I'd just give it time to gather itself.
Yep, that’s my main worry - I don’t see any blood though. I feel like I should remove the other duckling because it keeps pecking at the new one - pushed the shell right off of it as well and does laps around the incubator, so I’m worried it might trample the other duckling?

Ok I’ll do that! I’m a bit concerned about it’s shell right now, it came out in one swoop and didn’t have the shell attached with the umbilical cord. The duckling can’t seem to straighten itself out off the side either, just flailing around View attachment 3034616View attachment 3034617
some veins still left... Hmm... Is the yolk all absorbed, how does his tummy look?
Don't worry about being curled up still, sometimes it takes a little bit to straighten out.
Go ahead and take the other out, as quick as possible so the other doesnt get cold

some veins still left... Hmm... Is the yolk all absorbed, how does his tummy look?
Don't worry about being curled up still, sometimes it takes a little bit to straighten out.
Go ahead and take the other out, as quick as possible so the other doesnt get cold
Take the older one out so the new duckling can recover from hatching. Is the new one absorbed all the yolk?
Alright I’ll do that! It looks like it absorbed the yolk
image.jpg

There’s green and a bit of off yellow in there.

The tummy looks fine, no blood or anything

Back
Top Bottom