I think you should bathe him periodically, try to drown the bugs. Make sure you drink coffee (if you have any) cause it would be good to stay awake.
Thank you, won’t sleep, can’t sleep since I had previously lost 2 chickens out of nowhere and now I atletas can see why to prevent it, don’t think I will let myself sleep but will still drink coffee. Thanks

Do the best you can with him. Continue to ask questions as they come up. Also you may wish to try to pat him dry with a towel. We use clear unflavored, but I don't know what the orange has in it, so don't want to comment. Hopefully someone will be able to answer that question for you.

Do the best you can with him. Continue to ask questions as they come up. Also you may wish to try to pat him dry with a towel. We use clear unflavored, but I don't know what the orange has in it, so don't want to comment. Hopefully someone will be able to answer that question for you.
One last question I am trying the best I can do should I put him under my heat lamp? It has a temperature detector so when it gets low it turns on and when it hits a certain temp it turns off, should I place him under that with temp set from 70-85? Or 70-75? Or is it too risky? He is still damp ish as I want to take some intervals blow drying and waiting to give him time to rest, the insects things are at a lower and I don’t want to shower him anymore as I feel like I’m exhausting him.

Okay, thank you very much. He is still wet and doesn’t like the blow dryer do I just forced it but in intervals? He is slightly more active (moving mouth, eyes closed, laying down on side, I posted photos)
You need to get him dry. Try the lamp. Please DO NOT bathe him again.

Do you have someone to watch over him while he's under the lamp while you get the poultry dust with permethrin? You need to dust him as soon as he is dry. That will kill all the live lice on him and he won't require another bath. Then please treat the rest of the flock and the coop as I outlined above and give him the additional support to help him recover.
When you go to the farm store to get the poultry dust, get the Rooster Booster or whatever poultry vitamin/mineral liquid supplement they sell too so you have that to give him. I would just administer it a drop at a time to the corner of his beak so it wicks in and he can swallow it on his own.

Back
Top Bottom