HELP.. baby chick cant walk

Pics

Melmba

Chirping
Aug 7, 2020
Hes just crawling around ... hatched yesterday .. i placed him in brooder after fluffing up and soon noticed its just crawling with legs to the front .. hes been seperated from rest ever since .. ive treated him for spraddle leg even though its legs are not to the side, ive read maybe its slipped tendon so i massaged his legs ive stretched them backwards for 10 mins i read somewhere here to do that, and for a second he got up and i thought yesss it worked but then went back to the usual , ive had him in a glass strengthen his legs throughout the day still no luck.. please help

Attachments

• 16050273743487975564598857705344.jpg
    16050273743487975564598857705344.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 36
Hes just crawling around ... hatched yesterday .. i placed him in brooder after fluffing up and soon noticed its just crawling with legs to the front .. hes been seperated from rest ever since .. ive treated him for spraddle leg even though its legs are not to the side, ive read maybe its slipped tendon so i massaged his legs ive stretched them backwards for 10 mins i read somewhere here to do that, and for a second he got up and i thought yesss it worked but then went back to the usual , ive had him in a glass strengthen his legs throughout the day still no luck.. please help
After hatching hundreds of chicks.. my suggestion is poultry nutri drench administered directly to the beak! Otherwise, what sort of supplements are available to you?.. At the very least.. IF I had nothing else.. I would offer either some raw egg yolk or boiled/smashed egg yolk.

If it isn't splay leg.. very possibly nutritional deficiency in the hatching eggs!

:fl

If this babe was mine, I'd be treating for spraddle leg asap. I'd also add vitamins in case it was a vitamin deficiency. Just my two cents. Infant polyvisol without iron is good to have on hand for vitamin deficiencies. If it something like wry neck, add Selenium too.

Show the analysis of the B-Complex you have. If it has B1 and B2 then use that!
I would give 1/4-1/2 tablet daily. You can add it to the egg or dissolve it in a little water.

B12 is cobalamin it is not B2 which is Riboflavin!
You want B-Complex like you have.
Yes it has b1 and b2 🥳
I dont think he will consume that amount with what ive sprinkled in water and egg, can i feed him a tiny crumble of the tablet 🙈

Dont buy liquid 12 or dont buy liquid at all?
I just meant not the liquid 12 instead of any other option that might be available to you as the riboflavin etc is important in instances like this.

You do what you feel is best as its your chick. I'm only stating what I'd do. Hobble AND vitamin treatment.
Yep! It's great that we can come together and share our varied experiences. :highfive:

Deciding which is the best option can still be challenging and folks should definitely do what they think is best for their individual and specific situation.. honestly, sometimes I try different things.. and each time my brain has to decide with all of the information at THAT time. I try to toe a hard line.. but lets be real, life is complicated. :oops:

OOOOOOMMMMGGGGG hes getting up ... i cant believe it .. omg omg omg i seriously could cry ... 🤞🤞🤞🤞👍🤞🤞🤞🤞
Drop tiny crumbles all around him.. get his attention and keep trying! :clap

Well thankyou so much for all your advice, i literally did every single one except for selenium because i didnt have and he is walking around, he wont even sit down anymore 😆😆
I pain stakingly fed him yolk with olive oil vit b and vit E thru pippete inc sugar water .. which he loved ... i have been stretching his legs and last night he started standing and so i hobbled his legs just incase, jist taken them off and hes looking fab, a little drunk looking but i think his balance will improve over next few days ... THANKYOU ALL

After hatching hundreds of chicks.. my suggestion is poultry nutri drench administered directly to the beak! Otherwise, what sort of supplements are available to you?.. At the very least.. IF I had nothing else.. I would offer either some raw egg yolk or boiled/smashed egg yolk.

If it isn't splay leg.. very possibly nutritional deficiency in the hatching eggs!

:fl
I dont have nutri drench but all my chicks even this one have this "poultry drink in their water.. ill try the raw egg and see how it goes 👍

Attachments

• 16050282808319001711349386104196.jpg
    16050282808319001711349386104196.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 16050282935785555061690603125127.jpg
    16050282935785555061690603125127.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom