Help! Bantam with lump on face!

Dec 16, 2018
west, michigan
I was moving my bantam flock to the coop and noticed this little lady gas a huge lump on her face, normally with something this bad I would put the chicken down, but she is just too cute! She also had heavy breathing, but that could have been from the stress of moving her, any help appreciated!
mail.jpeg

mail.jpeg

mail.jpeg

mail.jpeg

Can you put a warm, damp compress on that and see if you can get the black scab off and see if there is hard puss in there?
It almost looks like an infected peck wound.
If you find puss, try squeeze it all out then apply some Vetercin or triple antibiotic ointment to it.
I would keep her inside in a crate on a clean old towel and monitor her food and water intake and her breathing to make sure this isn't a possible respiratory infection.

How does the lump feel—soft and squishy, or firm or hard? A warm compress for about 15 minutes while holding him in your lap on a towel might be helpful to soften the scab and getting out any pus that may be inside the lump. Is his nostril open or blocked? Are there bubbles or crusted drainage around the eye?

How does the lump feel—soft and squishy, or firm or hard? A warm compress for about 15 minutes while holding him in your lap on a towel might be helpful to soften the scab and getting out any pus that may be inside the lump. Is his nostril open or blocked? Are there bubbles or crusted drainage around the eye?

this morning i took her inside and gently worked around the scab with wet q-tips, and tried to carefully take the scab off with my fingers but, no luck, the lump is hard, i think the nostrils are open, and there is a lot of white almost mucusy build up around the eye, but no bubbles. so if i take her in my lap and carefully compress the lump, all the puss will come out even with the scab there? and this scab i very big, and it pops out from the lump quite a bit.

I'm sorry. The last I heard of this, with @CarpCharacin it did not end well.

I suspect this is a disease that is either new, or making new rounds. I predict we will see more cases of this soon.

From what I've seen and deduced so far, I believe this could be a tumor. Possibly cancerous.

Either way, I don't think it is a sinus infection as there was a lack of pus in the previous case.

Back
Top Bottom