HELP: blackening comb

Well, I just went outside to put Bag Balm on Ophelia's comb (I feel like I have to do something) and I now think these are peck marks, thanks to you all. When I looked very closely, the edges of the black marks were jagged and I even saw some "swipes" of black (rather thand dots), which look exactly like a chicken beak swiped at her. My poor girl. When I rubbed the Bag Balm on her, a few of the pieces flecked off in my hand, so I think they ARE dried blood. They all have the specks, but Ophelia's are the worst.

I think my girls are as tired of winter as I am. They have a spacious coop (20 square feet) but apparently they're tired of being in it and are taking it out on Ophelia.

Amy

Yes, winter started too early and feels like its trying to hang on. But yesterday a Redwing Black bird was is my back yard. Always a good sign of spring.
woot.gif

P.S. Give Ophelia some treats.
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks Kris! I did take out an apple for the girls so I could "medicate" Ophelia and keep the others off me (they're horrid, pushy little beggars). After I finished with her, I came inside and looked out the window...I noticed that Ophelia was eating a chunk of apple and Ruby (my BO) came up to her and Ophelia immediately abandoned it and walked away! I know chickens have to have a pecking order, but it's terrible to watch! I'm going to make her something very special, just for her...poor girl...

Amy

Back
Top Bottom