HELP chicken making clicking breaths

Apr 24, 2020
Hello my 3 year old hen is making labored clicking almost heaving noises !! It’s been a couple days but I think it’s worse. She’s panting with a loud click. I have videos if someone will message me on Instagram Abby.kade
I am very anxious and will not sleep

Provide a link to the video or upload it to youtube and provide a link for that.

When was the last time your hen laid an egg?
Does she have bloat or fluid in the abdomen below the vent between her legs?
Is her crop emptying overnight?

Where are you located in the world? What's the weather like?

Have you attempted to syringe or tube water or medication into her - has she aspirated any fluids?

Can she eat/drink on her own?

If your weather is hot, move her if need be, to a cooler/more shaded area. See that she has cool water to drink and can reach food.

Provide a link to the video or upload it to youtube and provide a link for that.

Have you attempted to syringe or tube water or medication into her - has she aspirated any fluids?

If your weather is hot, move her if need be, to a cooler/more shaded area. See that she has cool water to drink and can reach food.

Can you answer some of the other questions?

If she's like that all the time, she's not going to make it.
Seeking vet care if possible is a good idea.

Keep her somewhere quiet, I would not attempt to syringe or tube fluids into her if she's gasping like that.

Can you answer some of the other questions?

If she's like that all the time, she's not going to make it.
Seeking vet care if possible is a good idea.

Keep her somewhere quiet, I would not attempt to syringe or tube fluids into her if she's gasping like that.
Vet came and removed 7 full tubes of fluid. May have a mummified egg or infection.

Back
Top Bottom