HELP! Chicken not going inside

Penny_01

In the Brooder
Nov 5, 2023
It just started an hour ago and one my aracunas is sitting in her run and refusing to go inside with the others. We close the chickens up in their coop each night and she goes in without any hassle. However, she’s not going in tonight. Does anyone know why this could be? She also laid her daily egg today and was hanging around with the other chickens too.

The list of possibilities is long...
If the rest are going in I doubt it's a coop problem unless the coops too small.
Has she had a fight with another hen?
Are the others preventing her from going into the coop in some way?
Is she sick?

You do have the option of putting her in the coop. It might be wise to try and observe what happens in the coop while the hen is in it.

The list of possibilities is long...
If the rest are going in I doubt it's a coop problem unless the coops too small.
Has she had a fight with another hen?
Are the others preventing her from going into the coop in some way?
Is she sick?

You do have the option of putting her in the coop. It might be wise to try and observe what happens in the coop while the hen is in it.
We just had to make her go in the coop and she immediately ate food. She’s close with the others now. As far as I know she hasn’t gotten into a fight with anyone else. And the others aren’t preventing her from going in. We’re keeping an eye on her now just in case something happens.

Back
Top Bottom