HELP!!! COOP NOT BIG ENOUGH!!!

I don't know if you will find anything that's just going to butt up against what you have, to make an extension. It also looks like you have 2 nesting boxes, that will be fine for 5 hens. So you don't need to add more.

I built my own coop. It was a lot more cost efficient, and we built it as the chickens grew. I have 12 buff Orpingtons. They are not fully grown yet, but we already have our plans for completion as they mature. We plan on making the run level with the top of the coop, and adding 2-3 nesting boxes on each side. We'll probably build them low leaving room for roosts above
I love it!

Tractor Supply has some nice ones for $199 I believe. I wouldn't expect more than a couple years of use of it.
I was looking at the adult sizes of my 5 buff Orpington pullets and I was shocked to find they can grow to be 12 inches tall and very large! I measured my coop and looked at them all squished in there yelling at me that they were cramped in there and knew I needed to expand it. Building an extension free hand is not plausible in my situation so I need to buy some kind of chicken coop house that is cheaper than $150 but is big enough to add a good amount of space and has at least 1 nesting box but 2 would be even better. It should come disassembled to be put back together (like any kind of mailed coop) and it should be delivered in under 7 days. I am really desperate here and would appreciate any finds! If you have any other Ideas on a better way to expand my coop please reply too. Below is a picture of the coop house in need of expansion.

I was looking at the adult sizes of my 5 buff Orpington pullets and I was shocked to find they can grow to be 12 inches tall and very large! I measured my coop and looked at them all squished in there yelling at me that they were cramped in there and knew I needed to expand it. Building an extension free hand is not plausible in my situation so I need to buy some kind of chicken coop house that is cheaper than $150 but is big enough to add a good amount of space and has at least 1 nesting box but 2 would be even better. It should come disassembled to be put back together (like any kind of mailed coop) and it should be delivered in under 7 days. I am really desperate here and would appreciate any finds! If you have any other Ideas on a better way to expand my coop please reply too. Below is a picture of the coop house in need of expansion.

Honestly if you have local Amish, you may want to get a quote from them. That's what I did. I am getting a large coop for what I think is a great price. I am getting a much larger coop than what you are looking for but I have a lot more birds. I have 15 birds and am getting a 9x6 walk in coop with two windows for $700, and it will last forever.

Did you find a solution for your coop?
Yes. I ordered the pawhut wooden chicken coop from amazon. It was just the right size. It'll be here Thursday! I plan to just bolt it to my other coop house, cut out some chicken doorways, and it should be good! I also bought a ceramic infrared light 100 watt heat lamp with a protective cover, that I will keep in the main living space of the coop house. I probably sound insane but trust me the final result of this chicken dream house with be an extraordinary wonder of chickeness!

Back
Top Bottom