HELP! Day 21 - Chick is hatching but I see blood!

Deedee90

Hatching
Apr 18, 2024
This is my first time ever hatching in an incubator. It’s day 21 and two eggs have pipped so far, but one of them has blood leaking from the crack.
Not pouring out by any means, but enough that it’s easily noticeable from such a tiny crack.

Should I intervene? Leave it alone and see what happens? I’m panicking!

Is it pipped on the fat end of the egg or the small end? Could you get a picture? There's not much you can do so I would just leave it alone for now.

No it’s kind of in the middle - not really at either end. I’ve had to leave it alone for a while anyway because I had to go out but praying it’ll be ok!!!
sounds like it might not have pipped into the aircell. I've had plenty of chicks pip this way, just give it 48 hours instead of the usual 24. It likely hit a blood vein while pipping, it should be fine so long as it doesn't keep bleeding.

Don't pick at it's pip, it'll just bleed more.

UPDATE!
I have two fully hatched babies! Took in total about 6-7 hours from first pip to hatched - I think that’s really quick from what I’ve read everywhere else! But I got home a few minutes ago and have two babies! They BOTH have a bit of blood on them and the shells have blood in them but I don’t see anywhere on them it could be from (I haven’t opened the incubator so I can’t be certain but I’m pretty sure they’re not bleeding now)

Thank you for the advice to just leave it alone! I was so panicked when I saw it, especially when I knew I had to leave after!

Attachments

• IMG_7597.jpeg
    IMG_7597.jpeg
    354.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7598.jpeg
    IMG_7598.jpeg
    345.1 KB · Views: 8
UPDATE!
I have two fully hatched babies! Took in total about 6-7 hours from first pip to hatched - I think that’s really quick from what I’ve read everywhere else! But I got home a few minutes ago and have two babies! They BOTH have a bit of blood on them and the shells have blood in them but I don’t see anywhere on them it could be from (I haven’t opened the incubator so I can’t be certain but I’m pretty sure they’re not bleeding now)

Thank you for the advice to just leave it alone! I was so panicked when I saw it, especially when I knew I had to leave after!
Congrats! :jumpy

UPDATE!

I'm glad to hear it worked out!

Back
Top Bottom