Help, Dog eating chicken poop

Quote:
sickbyc.gif

One of my dogs follows the chickens around like they are walking candy machines.
sickbyc.gif
No kisses for her! It's not gonna kill them...just grosses all of us out.

There can be any number of reasons why your Beagle is eating poop and no need to get rid of them cause of it. Just cause they are eating the poop doesn't mean they'll make the leap to self-serve chicken.
smile.png
Is it just the chicken poop? It could be something as simple as something lacking in their diet/digestion and they have found it in the poop to stress/anxiety or even just boredum.

My dogs occassionally snack on sheep poop and the chicken poop when we're out at the farms. Also a friend turned the crew onto frozen cow "pops" which they loved. I have always taught them not to lick or give kisses to people so I never have to think about where their mouth has been. I know they are getting additional nutrients that may be low in the diet or they may be needing more of so I never worry about it.

Okay, they lick their own rears and 'neather regions' so eatin poop aint nothin that bothers me. LOL

One of mine eats the cat poop. They both eat goat, horse, bird, what ever they can GET poop.

Unfortunatly, my young idiot, the one who LOVES the cat poop, wont eat her own... I wish she would. Cause she is too dumb to leave the yard to poop. (we have 16 acres, they have full range of it. Plus national forrest around us... )

I sure wouldnt get rid of the dog because its eating poop. Dogs just eat crap. (literly... fiquretivly... lol) I mean, I have never seen a pin cushin full of pins as appatizing.. But... the dog did. And stinky sandles, have never been my thing.. Nor the bathroom trash....

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
'nough said!
lau.gif

By the way, Chellebyerly, I am jealous of your property! I would love double digit acreage with forest surrounding....someday! We have a 1/2 acre with neighbors surrounding...somehow, it's just not quite the same.
idunno.gif

Thanks for all the info. I would never get rid of my beagle... I love her. Just never had this happen before as I am new to having chickens and do not have any other animals that she could eat from. Glad to know she is normal and that it will not hurt her. Thanks:)

Back
Top Bottom