Help, Dog eating chicken poop

yellowroseli

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 22, 2008
My beagel will not stop eating the chicken poop. Any suggestions here. Will it make her sick???
sad.png

Last edited:
My mum's beagle keeps eating dog poop. I think she's going senile though. She's 11 and she LOVES to go outside and roll around in poop and eat it.

They just keep her bathed and wormed.

edited to add: it's called coprophagia and it's more common in puppies. I don't have any suggestions, so most sites recommend dumping hot sauce on the poo, but that is hardly helpful in this situation.

Last edited:
Some dogs just like poop. Mine will occasionally partake of a poopy snack, but she prefers to roll in it.
roll.png
How much is she eating?
I'd suggest no puppy kisses and get a fecal done on her every once in awhile if you're worried.

mine does too..but my chickens are also nasty little beasts as well...this morning, my goat "betsy" was pooping...and one of my roosters was actually eating the poop as it was coming out!
sickbyc.gif
smack.gif
\\

I have heard of feeding pineapple to dogs to stop other dogs from eating their poo. It makes it taste bad to the one eating it (as if it isn't nasty already) I wonder if feeding it to the chickens will have the same effect. Our dogs used to run to the road everytime someone rode a horse by checking for yummies. Yuck!!!!

Sorry there's no help for the dog. My dogs eat cat poop, chicken poop, cow poop and goat poop. They love it! This is why I never let any dog lick me! I always tell my kids I don't want buttface.

Yep, unfortunately most dogs are just foul and gleefully disgusting. My two knuckleheads enjoy grazing the yard after the chickens have been out. I have tried many things, including gross "taste enhancements" - - but how do you make something already nasty taste worse??

Just look away . . . look away . . .
sickbyc.gif

One of my Bostons does it ALL the time. The other one knows not to do it when we are around. We can't get the one to stop. Sometimes she does it so much she throws up.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom