Help! Duck with an outside Phallus!

Pics

TheMallardDuck

Chirping
Oct 29, 2018
Help! I went to the vets but not an avian vet and they performed a surgery on my drake to insert the penis back in the phallus but it just popped back out. We have bought Epsom salt and is going to give him a bath but that is all I know. It is not mating season but I understand they might mate. Is there anything I should do other than clean it thoroughly. Also he isn’t eating food but drink plenty of water. Please help.

Screenshot_20181102-184819_Amazon Kindle.jpg
Screenshot_20181102-184609_Amazon Kindle.jpg
Screenshot_20181102-184745_Amazon Kindle.jpg

My Pekin Drake Scooter had this problem. He needed surgery, to have his ahem, thingy, removed. Ouch!

I kept putting it in, but it kept coming out. One time I was trying to find it to put coconut oil on it, and soon realized I picked up his brother! Sorry Roscoe.

He's doing fine now, although I think he may be coming down with wet feather. Not sure if that's related.

Females will not forget him. Keep him isolated until you know it isn’t coming out and staying out. I heard that too that drakes penis falls off but that isn’t true now if the penis stays out and gets infected then eventually it will fall off from infection but you may lose the drake too so don’t ignore this keep him clean provide water for bathing tub would work and keep his pallius moist. Hopefully it will retract on its own if not then another vet visit maybe in the works.

Back
Top Bottom