Help!!! egg cracked 2 days before hatching. Urgent!

pop.gif

Good news! The chick is still fighting! The other chicks from the nest have pipped, so I am trying to figure out what to do. I can't tell if the big end or the small end was crushed. Most of the egg is cracked and/or missing. Although I can't see its head. Anyway, I will be back with updates soon. Thanks for the support!
smile.png

I am pretty sure the small end is the part where the shell is missing. I picked off some shell and membrane that was stuck where the chick is exposed. I am pretty sure I felt its beak at the other end, so I poked a little hole in the membrane with a toothpick, like a pip. The whole chick/egg is wrapped in a moist paper towel, except for the part I "pipped". I will give it a while, and try to make some more progress. Slowly but surely.
smile.png
It squirms a lot, that baby wants out of there!
love.gif

More good news! The chick's half sibling has hatched! It is mostly dry, poking its head out of momma's feathers!
love.gif
The chick in the bator is half Barred Rock/half Black Austrolorph (sp?). And the one under the hen is half Barred rock/half brown leghorn. I think they all have the same father. I have a feeling they will all have the trademark white spot on their heads. The other eggs haven't pipped yet. Here's to hoping they do, and to the little chick pulling through!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom