HELP!!!! Exposed membrane and blood vessels!HATCHING CHICK WITH MISSING BOTTOM SHELL!

Pics
17 pages wow. Great job waiting and listening to all the advice on here. The great thing about byc is all the knowledge on the pages and in the heads of the members. Great read and congrats on you cute baby.
Thanks! I am grateful for the outcome and all the help I've gotten here!
She has started eating and preening. I think she will be fine!
So relieved!

Just too cute

Attachments

• IMG_20171112_192353.jpg
    IMG_20171112_192353.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20171112_192954.jpg
    IMG_20171112_192954.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 30
@WolfGirlMagic you have a name picked out yet? :pop
Well we have Autumn, Yeti, and snowball. Signals of the time of year, and the fact that she/he (still hoping for a she!) Was in the fridge 2 days before incubating her egg!
(If the name is snowball it will be very fitting when grown big and white, and for now I can remind my dog and cat that they are not supposed to eat yellow snow xD haha!)
Then we have Hope, Faith, and Miracle as options.
I'm not sure yet
But snowball, and Hope are my top ones right now

The egg looks good!
Sorry, been a busy day. Is the duckling still doing ok?

I think the pics look fine. The bill is clear, so it can breathe. The other end, I would just keep moist with the Vaseline. You don't need to wrap in a paper towel, that can actually cause a chill as it dries out. you can keep one damp nearby, or a little sponge. Also keep the membrane around the end with the bill hanging out moist with Vaseline, so it doesn't get stuck to its feathers.

As long as you see a "yawning" motion being made by the duckling, that's a good sign, just continue to wait. It's still absorbing the yolk. when it starts to struggle to get out, you may have to gently assist.

Hope its still going well, and good luck!

I agree! Please keep us updated! I hope the duckling is okay!

Back
Top Bottom