HELP!!!! Exposed membrane and blood vessels!HATCHING CHICK WITH MISSING BOTTOM SHELL!

Pics
Good news I may have someone nearby with silky chicks that could be put in with her, but she was wondering if her female call duck would bond with the baby?
I'm not to sure about that though.what do you think?

I forgot what breed of duck you hatched?. :oops: Pekin?
Does this lady have other call ducks? Calls are much smaller, and the hens usually make good moms, but is hers broody??

I forgot what breed of duck you hatched?. :oops: Pekin?
Does this lady have other call ducks? Calls are much smaller, and the hens usually make good moms, but is hers broody??
She just has one adult male and one adult female call duck.
She says no one in her mixed poultry flock is broody. And she tried getting her silkies to take in quail chicks and they killed them so....
And my baby is a Pekin, and the Pekins pictured is her mother Bunny and Daddy Garry.
But both are kinda aggressive with my chickens and she isn't broody, so I don't think it would be safe to have the baby with them.

Attachments

• IMG_20170812_134810~2.jpg
    IMG_20170812_134810~2.jpg
    892.8 KB · Views: 26
She just has one adult male and one adult female call duck.
She says no one in her mixed poultry flock is broody. And she tried getting her silkies to take in quail chicks and they killed them so....
And my baby is a Pekin, and the Pekins pictured is her mother Bunny and Daddy Garry.
But both are kinda aggressive with my chickens and she isn't broody, so I don't think it would be safe to have the baby with them.

That's a tough one. I think without another duckling, I'd try the chicks. Was trying to imagine if i gave my calls a baby duckling, I really don't know how they would treat a little loner. Probably run from it lol!
I think you would have better luck integrating the duckling in with the mom and dad after she is big enough.

Doing very well!
She is getting better and better on her feet, and even is running now

Attachments

• IMG_20171114_062907.jpg
    IMG_20171114_062907.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 24

Back
Top Bottom