Help find what is wrong with pea suddenly watery white stool & not energetic.

Yoda wrote: "What you are offering has it worked for you or is it just out of the book? If you weighed your birds all the time then you should have an idea of how much a bird should weigh at a certain age and then know the proper dose correct?

@yoda , Of course it's worked for me and I do know how much peafowl should weigh from hatching to adulthood, so of course I know how to calculate the proper dose.

-Kathy

Yoda also wrote: "Just because the book says Veterinary" on it doesn't make it the right thing to do. We are using off label drugs on our birds and using BAYTRIL - it has been banned in the USA in poultry so please my friend just because the dosage is under birds dosen't mean POULTRY it means caged birds like parrots, macaws, finches and so on BUT NOT poultry."

Most of the drugs we use off label *are* used or *were* used in poultry and there are plenty of efficacy studies and references to those drugs in the books. Just look up some of the medications here: http://avianmedicine.net/content/uploads/2013/03/09_therapeutic_agents.pdf

-Kathy

That makes no sense at all, lol.

-Kathy

all vet rex  is campho , some oils and mabe  some alcohol at least that is what it smells and felt  like when i had it here

Yes, lol, which is why I said what I did, it's just like Vick's for poultry and there is no reason to not give a proper dose of medication while using it. Not sure why so many people think it's a medication.

-Kathy

Yes, lol, which is why I said what I did, it's just like Vick's for poultry and there is no reason to not give a proper dose of medication while using it. Not sure why so many people think it's a medication.

-Kathy
I know
thumbsup.gif

it's a natural medication, i just keep camphor on hand for whatever arises, like if i start getting a fever blister i put that on it or it can be used to treat ear mites in animals, canker, good for treating pox and lots of other good uses.

Regarding what diseases one might have on their property... Unless one has had necropsies done on every deceased duck, goose, chicken, turkey, guinea, peafowl, quail, pheasant, emu, etc, one cannot be positive that they don't have something. I'm lucky in that California offers a free service, so I use it.

Anyone that's had respiratory issues in their flock should probably have their flock tested for mycoplasma, especially if they're selling hatching eggs or chicks!

-Kathy

-Kathy

I know :thumbsup
it's a natural medication, i just keep camphor on hand for whatever arises, like if i start getting a fever blister i put that on it or it can be used to treat ear mites in animals, canker, good for treating pox and lots of  other good uses.

It's in my first aid kit!

-Kathy

Ok I am not going to argue cause you have answers for everything and I got a private email asking me to stay out of it this topic. So I will walk away.

Back
Top Bottom