HELP!!! Guinea Hen Attacked

Renegade

Songster
12 Years
Oct 8, 2007
Griffin, GA
Hi Everyone,

I could use some ideas. Normally I would just treat this and not worry but the big problem is I'm going out of town tomorrow.
Here's what happened. I got up this morning to one of my guineas curled up against the fence. I picked him up (first clue something was wrong) and all of the feathers from the neck back are missing and there is a half dollar size whole on his back. He tried to stand but fell over. I'm thinking the neighbors dog got him. I put him in a crate in my laundry room. I am planning to put him on antibiotics and treat the wound. The problem I have is I am going to a dog show. So would it be better to leave him in the crate with food and water or take him with me and take the chance that the stress will kill him?
barnie.gif

Donna

Well unfortunately he was so badly wounded he died.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
After he passed I looked over him more thoroughly and found many puncture wounds and a huge bruise on both sides of his chest.

Donna
sad.png

Have you talked to the neighbor? They should know about it just in case it is their dog. That way they can take precautions about letting him run loose, unless, of course, the dog was confined and guinea was in his yard.

The neighbors dog is not confined but I am fully fenced. Unfortunately the guineas do on occasion go over the fence.

Donna

Back
Top Bottom