Help! Heat stroke- 4 wks old

MrsA510

In the Brooder
Feb 1, 2016
Hi Everyone,
I lost my 4 wk old Lavender Orpington due to heat stroke yesterday. I was checking on them regularly, but I didn't catch it in time. When I found her she was panting, breathing heavily and limp. I immediately got her to drink some water and was about to dunk her, but it was too late. Vomit, diarrhea, then seizure. In my arms. It was traumatic to say the least and I am crushed. She was going to be beautiful!

My Black Copper Maran (also 4 wks) wasn't doing great. She was dunked in water, brought it side the house in AC and fed electrolytes. I moved her to a cat crate and continued to feed her electrolytes. She never moved and slept the rest of the evening/night. This morning she seamed slightly better. I moved her back to the brooder with my 3rd chick. This really seemed to perk her up. I am continuing to feed her electrolytes, but she won’t eat food. She vomited the last time I picked her up to syringe feed her, is having watery poop and is mostly sleeping. She will walk around a little, but not much. Anything things else I should be doing?

TIA,
Erin

Back
Top Bottom