Hi everyone. Collin passed away tonight over an hour ago. He was weak and I stayed up with him. He began to have seizures. I held him so he wouldn’t hurt himself knowing that he was going to die and I didn’t want him to die in pain. The seizures got smaller until for a few seconds he was just shaking. He died in my hands, his favourite place to be.

I don’t think I ever mentioned his name in this thread. I got told by many people not to name animals that may die but a friend once told me “getting to meet them and having to lose them is far better than never meeting them”
So there we are. A named duckling who never made it to his first birthday. Found a few days old on Sunday evening, died early Wednesday morning.
I don’t think I ever left his side

Although it is tempting to delete this thread and forget about it forever, there is some very valuable information on here which could save a duckling that has a chance. I will however be disabling my account as much as I can without deleting it and I will not be back. Perhaps one day I’ll need your help again and I’ll come back but until then, goodbye. Thank you all.

Hi everyone. Collin passed away tonight over an hour ago. He was weak and I stayed up with him. He began to have seizures. I held him so he wouldn’t hurt himself knowing that he was going to die and I didn’t want him to die in pain. The seizures got smaller until for a few seconds he was just shaking. He died in my hands, his favourite place to be.

I don’t think I ever mentioned his name in this thread. I got told by many people not to name animals that may die but a friend once told me “getting to meet them and having to lose them is far better than never meeting them”
So there we are. A named duckling who never made it to his first birthday. Found a few days old on Sunday evening, died early Wednesday morning.
I don’t think I ever left his side

Although it is tempting to delete this thread and forget about it forever, there is some very valuable information on here which could save a duckling that has a chance. I will however be disabling my account as much as I can without deleting it and I will not be back. Perhaps one day I’ll need your help again and I’ll come back but until then, goodbye. Thank you all.
So sorry! Sometimes these things happen even despite our best efforts. You done your best for him. . thank you for giving him a chance to be loved :hugs

Back
Top Bottom