Help! I don't know if my coop is good enough for my chickens... Ugh!

First things first...GO HUG THAT HUBBY OF YOURS!!!
wink.png
Second thing....keep fixin till it's the Cutest Little Chickie House you want it to be!!!
smile.png

Don't build a new one just yet. You've spent a lot already for a coop. And great suggestion, collect and enjoy things. Don't rush too much. You'll see that when it's done and you have nothing else to do, it will bore you. A little. Anyway, when the chickens starts to "own you", you'll enjoy it. Just take your time and put things you would like. Clean up. Kill the molds, protect the run, paint if you must or use wood varnish for glossy old finish, make your hubby do little things at a time and he'll end up doing everything and will probably take over. Haha. What's important is you have (1) a clean floor, whatever it is made of, (2) a clean water (source), (3) enough feed supply, (4) ventilation, (5) protection, including the roof, walls, wires, fence, etc., and of course (6) your personal touch and care - some TLC perhaps.
big_smile.png

I would just make sure there is no water is getting in anywhere, make sure there is enough ventilation, blow out the dust and add a fresh coat of paint

LOL... but I have been too embarrased to upload them. Here you go... (just remember, it's not finished!). Let me know what you think.

59376_dsc_0007.jpg

59376_dsc_0002.jpg

59376_dsc_0001.jpg

59376_dsc_0005.jpg

59376_dsc_0004.jpg

59376_dsc_0003.jpg

It looks GREAT!!! Stop being so worried...you would be CRAZY to start over from scratch!! Who else agrees with me!?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom