HELP i have an egg that has a quarter sized hole in it

lindasmom

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2017
I was removing my broody hen and this egg fell and now has a hole in it. The chick is alive and moving, both membranes are broken and the chick is breathing. Do i take it out of the shell or leave it. One egg that was with it hatched 2 days ago and im not sure what day it is. I have 3 other viable eggs that have not hatched either

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I see that you have posted your question elsewhere and received some great advice from Pyxis.

Best wishes
CT

Last edited:
Welcome to Backyard chickens. Pyxis is very well qualified to give you advice. Sending good hatching vibes
jumpy.gif
your way.

G’Day from down under lindasmom
frow.gif
Welcome!

I do hope that your little one is OK
fl.gif

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom