HELP I prematurely cracked an egg on day 19

Sydcny

In the Brooder
Sep 6, 2023
I have no idea what I’m doing, my boss’s kid is hatching quails in the smart mini automatic incubator and we almost threw them out!

I had a feeling to check to see if they were really all duds, and I lightly pushed on the egg and it cracked,and the chick started CHIRPING.
I felt so bad!!!!!

Help me save this little one and the rest ahhh!!

I immediately put it back in the incubator and added more water to the bottom, its chirping is getting stronger and louder and it’s trying to wiggle from the egg- do I assist it? or wait 24hrs and then try again?

any help is greatly appreciated !!!!!! D670CA18-D52D-4F20-8171-9B138694A1C2_1_102_o.jpeg

Leave it in the incubator! Check on it often, if you're lucky the chick will be strong enough to fully hatch and it will dry off in the incubator. If you take it out it will get chilled (even under a heat lamp) only take the chick out if it is too crowded (which i doubt)

Leave it in the incubator! Check on it often, if you're lucky the chick will be strong enough to fully hatch and it will dry off in the incubator. If you take it out it will get chilled (even under a heat lamp) only take the chick out if it is too crowded (which i doubt)
Okay thank you!! There’s plenty of water in the bottom to keep the humidity level good and the temp is set to 99, should I make any adjustments for it or will that be OK?

Okay thank you!! There’s plenty of water in the bottom to keep the humidity level good and the temp is set to 99, should I make any adjustments for it or will that be OK?
Youre very welcome! the temp should be good at 99... now you just cross your fingers and wait! I am hoping for the best!

It sounds like it's doing okay for now. If it hasn't hatched in the next 12-15 hours, you may want to assist.

It sounds like the temperature inside the incubator was a bit low during incubation.
It may have been!
It’s definitely been over 18 days since they’ve been in the incubator.
I don’t know much more other then info from today only because they are my boss’s kids eggs (I’m a personal assistant so I’m at the house every day) but now I’m 100% invested in these little guys!
I already left for the day but he said that it keeps poking it’s beak out and chirping and then brings it back in, but the opening is a little bit bigger then when I took the picture up above!
I’ll get an update in the morning !

Terrible quality (screenshot from video) but little fella is alive and kicking!

We got a brooder box for them, waiting until it’s fluffy and dry to transfer!

Any more tips would be so welcome!
Thank you!
IMG_0416.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom