Help! Lethargic hen with bright green poop

coopa11083

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2018
Houma, Louisiana
Macie, my black austrolorp, is looking awful. I first noticed for a few days that she was just very quiet and would mostly sit around. Now she has bright green poop stuck on her bottom that feels almost like gravel (don’t know if that’s just because it dried now). Now she’s very lethargic and hasn’t been eating. I separated her from the flock and cleaned her up. Her crop is completely empty. Her vent looks and feels normal. This has been going on for about a week. Can anyone help me out? What can I do for her?

Pictures of her droppings and her would be helpful
Is macie eating and drinking
Has she been laying eggs lately
And is she inside quarantined
Adding some electrolytes to her water will help her out
Also what season is it where you are and what feed do you give your flock
Also how old is she

She is drinking occasionally but is not eating and I think hasn’t for at least the last 2 days. No egg laying and yes she is inside and quarantined. I’m in Louisiana so we’re sort of in between winter and spring right now. Just had temps of 80 degrees and now in 50s. I give organic layer pellets and they do free range often. She is just under 2 years old. I’m actually at Tractor Supply now getting probiotics and electrolytes and will also stop to get polyvisol. I will get pics when I get home to post.

Back
Top Bottom