It's called chick grit because it is crushed small for young poultry.
As for the niacin it can work pretty fast we have seen where a member started their duckling and in a few days they are walking better by a week completely over it. This is a niacin def. If it's an injury then the niacin can still help but rest and water therapy will help the injury heal.

I had 2 adults limping a few weeks ago no visible sign of injury so I started putting Nutritional yeast back onto their feed and both girls aren't limping any more. It took almost 2 weeks to see it help them.

It's called chick grit because it is crushed small for young poultry.
As for the niacin it can work pretty fast we have seen where a member started their duckling and in a few days they are walking better by a week completely over it. This is a niacin def. If it's an injury then the niacin can still help but rest and water therapy will help the injury heal.

I had 2 adults limping a few weeks ago no visible sign of injury so I started putting Nutritional yeast back onto their feed and both girls aren't limping any more. It took almost 2 weeks to see it help them.
So glad for the help I will have to go out somewhere and find grit for them! It's so hard to find anything in the vicinity but these cuties are worth it!

Please keep us up to date on how your lil one is doing.

Not sure if you use Amazon but that is one possibility from things for our birds.
I'm very worried because he's not putting any weight on it and is holding it up above the ground now even after niacin supplements for two days it's seems to have gotten worse even with the added vitamins and everything I'm very concerned.... have any suggestions as to why? I'm planning on getting grit for them tomorrow, hoping that helps digest and absorb more nutrients. and I'm crossing my fingers this little guy heals

Last edited:
It could be an injury so hard to know for sure . Maybe he got trampled ducklings can be pretty clumsy. Other than taking him to the vet,is that an option? make sure there isn't any swelling or heat anywhere on his leg. what about the bands they put on them from the hatchery?
Keep up with what your doing as far as niacin, vits. water bath therapy. How does he use his leg when he is in the water?

Please keep us up to date on how your lil one is doing.

Not sure if you use Amazon but that is one possibility from things for our birds.
It could be an injury so hard to know for sure . Maybe he got trampled ducklings can be pretty clumsy. Other than taking him to the vet,is that an option? make sure there isn't any swelling or heat anywhere on his leg. what about the bands they put on them from the hatchery?
Keep up with what your doing as far as niacin, vits. water bath therapy. How does he use his leg when he is in the water?
He seems fine in the water it's just walking around. We could take them to a vet but that would be a long drive out a require the day to do. There isn't any signs of an injury.

Keep up with the water therapy that is one good way of getting his muscles stronger. And can help with an injury too if that might be the problem.

Your doing niacin right? Wish you could get a video of his walking.

If you have only started the niacin two days ago?...It will take at least a week to see improvement....And that's if it was niacin deficiency in the first place...If an injury?...It could take a month to heal.....

Best wishes.....:frow
Thank you very much I love him and we have decided to name him Cricket! I do hope he beats whatevers going on we have been supplying niacin so I hope he heals soon..

Keep up with the water therapy that is one good way of getting his muscles stronger. And can help with an injury too if that might be the problem.

Your doing niacin right? Wish you could get a video of his walking.
I could possibly get a video of him today or tomorrow and show you hes been a little anxious to use his legs but in the water hes okay :)

Back
Top Bottom