HELP ME DECIDE WHAT BREED TO GET!

OEGBs.
20210323_154947.jpg
20200806_134439.jpg

I've got Brassy Back OEGBs too, just need to get updated pictures.

I am currently in the process of trying to decide what bantam breed I should get. I am (obviously) not looking for production.
Here's what I want in a chicken:
Good temperament
Beautiful colors
Maybe fluffy
Get along well with other chickens
Feather feet ok
Perfer heat tolerance (but I am not going to not get a bird because it is not).
I already own silkies and I already decided to get some mille fluer d'uccles and seramas for sure.
Thanks for the help!
Porcelain duccles if u want a bantam!!!!! My two roos are so handsome.

Attachments

• 20220729_180818.jpg
    20220729_180818.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
Yep. I have Sebrights. You welcome to ask any questions
I love the silvers but they come mostly in gold and silver. Other verities are being breed tho.
I guess it’s good to add that they live in the heat the best. My ladies hate the cold. They don’t even pant all summer and I’m in Florida

I am currently in the process of trying to decide what bantam breed I should get. I am (obviously) not looking for production.
Good temperament
Beautiful colors
Maybe fluffy
Feather feet ok
I already own silkies and I already decided to get some mille fluer d'uccles and seramas for sure.
Thanks for the help!
I was going to say seramas, they are the best!

While they are not only true bantams, how about bantam EE's? Mine from Cackle are very nice birds, good looking, and lay beautiful aqua eggs, bigger than many bantam eggs.
Second loving Belgian d'Uccles, have had them for decades!
Also, probably hard to find, but Salmon Favorelles come in bantam sizes. I've had the standard birds, very beautiful and peaceful.
Mary

While they are not only true bantams, how about bantam EE's? Mine from Cackle are very nice birds, good looking, and lay beautiful aqua eggs, bigger than many bantam eggs.
Second loving Belgian d'Uccles, have had them for decades!
Also, probably hard to find, but Salmon Favorelles come in bantam sizes. I've had the standard birds, very beautiful and peaceful.
Mary
I just like true bantam, but I am thinking about bantam ameraucanas because I have always wanted ameraucanas but I don't want anymore standards. I also have 3 standard EEs so I don't really want anymore....not that I don't like EEs.

Good temperament
Beautiful colors
Maybe fluffy
Feather feet ok
Thanks for the help!
I love bantam Cochins. They remind me of a stately ladies with bustles. 😍 I have 2 silkie and 3 bantam hens. They all have no problem in the heat and are good layers. They are free range with my RIR and Eggers.

Seems folks already mentioned the ones I was going to. The Belgian Quail D'anver hens we have are two of our sweetest birds EVER. Very friendly. Very tiny. I call them "beep boops" ( one is named Beep Boop). 100% yes!

Actually, did anyone mention Japanese Bantams? I didn't go through the whole thread. I have one that has the little legs, I named her Lowrider, super sweet, very friendly, likes to get petted. We also had two black tailed buffs (one now :( ), super cute as a chick. A bit more standoffish than my Lowrider.

Old English Game bird, my mom's Silverado (hen, self blue) was one of the most friendly. Once she jumped up on my moms dog to get closer to my mom. We had two of those, the second one was more friendly once her Boss (Silverado) passed.

The bantam EE! Yes! I got one I named Moonpie, but her alt name is "I Don't Remember That Chicken" because everyone would forget her! Cute green eggs. She is a great grand hen now, if the eggs do hatch this week. Very nice bird.
Dutch: Ok, these little birds can be bossy, but there is always one bossy lady in the flock. I've had nice ones and more pecky ones ( mostly if I try to pet them if they are on the nest or at night, they are nice and sometimes want pets and jump uo on my shoulder or back but can also be pecky), love them all. The two d'Uccle/Dutch mixes I had went broody a week after that started laying eggs.

Frizzle cochin bantams, OMG, I have two, sweet things (by now you might think I think all of my birds are sweet *lol* but I have 59, not all bantams), I love watching them run around, she's like a teddy bear. They aren't quite as sweet as the d'anver, but if you can find a frizzle they are adorable. Need a good coop for winter. I had a flat feathered birchen cochin bantam hen I adored, too, she would hang out with my little roo.

What else have I had.... Ah the d'Uccles, I saw you are going to get the Milles, the porcelains are also great. I really miss mine, I had two roos and one hen. They all passed from the Mareks that is in my flock. My Sugar Spaz was a crazy spazzy bird when she was fit. She held on through going mostly blind, but after she lost her ability to stand I brought her to the vet to be put to sleep. I spent a lot of time with her the last two weeks. She would talk to me when I got home, and liked being held and petted.
I forgot seabrights! The hens are lovely, gold and solver, the two roos we'd had were ok at first then got big egos and attacked.

Now, I don't heave experience with this breed, but was poking around on Privett Hatchery's site yesterday and they have one I've wanted for some time, the
Pyncheon Bantam:
background

background

background

ooooooo...... 😍

Back
Top Bottom