Help me!i! incubation!!

jnbce5

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 28, 2014
Bathurst, NB Canada
Hi Everyone, I need desperate help! This is my third time incubating with no success. I am using a dry air incubator, I have water in the bottom pan, I turn my eggs 3 times a day...the first 2 batches were still yolks when I checked them after 25 days, I am now on day 5 with this batch and tried candling today with no signs of the veins or eye...they still look like yolks...
Can anyone help? Our rooster is not very old and some chicks were hatched from his fertilized eggs last spring. what could the problem be?
barnie.gif

images

Welcome to BYC!

Is your bator a forced air or still air? What temp are you running at? What is your humidity level? Is the bator in a quiet air part of your house? Any other information?

Here is an article from our learning center on hatching that may give you some insight to what might be going wrong..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

You can also ask questions in our Incubating Eggs forums for help as well...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

Good luck with this hatch! We will need more info to help you further with this. :)

Thanks for the quick reply! I am running a dry air bater, my temp is steady at 100F, I have no idea what my humidity level is at, the incubator is quiet old...but I am keeping water in the pan under the grate. The bater I am keeping in my bedroom so it is not being disturbed my other animals or children.
I am now at day 5 of the third try, should I be seeing some veins by now?

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! TwoCrows gave you some great advice and links to check out. Have you cracked open some of the eggs from the same flock to check if they are fertile? If you are getting nothing developing at all, besides some major incubator problems (real temperature spike especially) your roo could certainly be the problem. Can you get proven hatching eggs from another local source? At day five you could see veins, usually they are a lot easier to see by day 7-8 though, especially in colored eggs.

Back
Top Bottom