Help my chicken can’t walk

Maheen chaudhry

Hatching
Mar 7, 2021
My chicken hasn’t really been eating a lot or moving around much like the other. One day we woke up to find out she could no longer walk. She “walks on her knees” I guess u can describe it as. She can stand but when she gets up she flaps her wings rapidly and falls down like she can’t keep balance. She doesn’t eat as much so I’ve been using a syringe and forcing her to eat a little every hour or 2. I don’t know what happened. I have her separated from the rest of the small flock just in case it’s contagious and they peck on her. Plz plz plz help she is one of our dearest chickens.

Definitly go see a vet. she may be paralized.
Idk if she needs to make that jump. Paralysis isn’t the first thing I’d think of at all.

You need to check her feet... and then work your way up her legs. If she’s been injured, she might not be able to bear weight. Depending on where she’s hurting, it might be easier/ less painful to not stand at all.

Some things that are helpful to know:

* How old is she?
* Is she laying?
* When was her last egg?
* How are her poops?
* Any changes to the flock or your set-up?
* Are both her feet & legs the same as each other? Look at coloring (bruising or frostbite)... scales (flat, not lifted or dirty)... size (any swelling or bumps?)... can you move them both the same?

Back
Top Bottom