Help my chicken was attacked (photos attached)

I understand the worry about rinsing. Take a syringe, and squirt, saline, iodine, or warm soapy water at the wound sideways, to avoid shooting water strait down in the puncture. Once it is rinsed out, Clip the feathers away form the wound to keep it clean, cover the wound with Neosporin, or antibacterial ointment, to keep the wound moist. Can you take pictures of the wound after you cut feathers away? She will lily need antibiotics, to fight this. @Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock @Overo Mare @azygous any ideas? @casportpony is good with antibiotics. I am crossing my fingers for you!

If there are puffs of air that come out when she breathes, something may have happened to her lung. I think that sadly you may just have to cull. Is she eating or drinking? This is hard to do because of the lung thing. Can you try to clean it with a DAMP, NOT dripping paper towel or sponge? Slightly damp to clean up some of the blood, but NOT dripping. @ChickenCanoe @HeatherKellyB (I would tag more, but they have already been tagged)

I understand the worry about rinsing. Take a syringe, and squirt, saline, iodine, or warm soapy water at the wound sideways, to avoid shooting water strait down in the puncture. Once it is rinsed out, Clip the feathers away form the wound to keep it clean, cover the wound with Neosporin, or antibacterial ointment, to keep the wound moist. Can you take pictures of the wound after you cut feathers away? She will lily need antibiotics, to fight this. @Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock @Overo Mare @azygous any ideas? @casportpony is good with antibiotics. I am crossing my fingers for you!
I am worried that the wound opens into the lung (puffs of air coming out with breathing) so I would worry about squirting water as water+lung=bad.

Back
Top Bottom