Help! My pekin eats until she can't walk.

My male jumbo pekin finally got the drake feather at 12 weeks old...well he actually got 2 of them. Is that normal?

What? Two drake feathers or getting the feathers at 12 weeks? My Khaki Campbell drakes both have two drake feathers, so I would say it is normal, unless we both have weird ducks. Lol. I think their drake feathers are kind of cute.
love.gif

Thanks for confirming my drake is normal! :D I have a bet with a friend. He claims my 2 ducks are both girls. I claim they are both boys. He says i'm "city folk" and don't know what i'm talking about. Well so far he is at least half wrong! LOL. My other duck is a rouen. Both ducks are the same age. The rouen has signs of female and signs of male. It does have a green color on it's head that i can see in the sunlight and a weird voice. the voice is loud like a female but not a true quack...more like clicks. Do rouen ducks get their drake feathers later than other ducks? It's bill is still yellow and black with a very slight green hue at the base of it. What other signs can I look for to confirm the sex? I'm praying it's a boy. I will win a free dinner...hahaha. Also, I don't want eggs all over the place. But, i love my ducks either way and will deal with eggs if need be! :D

Eddie was the last of my ducklings to "mature" I thought he was a she right until the head started to show through green...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom