Help! My quails are attacking each other!

GUYS!! I HAVE ONE EGG! Idk what to do so I took it out to try to see if it was a fertile egg or not but I kinda only saw yellow on the inside. Then I put it back tho. Will it be bad if I leave it in there coop outside? It gets cold sometimes during the night time.. will they still care for it even though I touched it??

Although not unheard of, it is rare for Japanese Coturnix Quail to go broody, and often lose interest long before the eggs are due to hatch; If you want to hatch from eggs that she lays, you may want to invest in an incubator as a Plan-B. The first couple of weeks laying are not considered particularly fertile anyway, as your hen is still working out all the kinks in her reproductive tract. Congratulations on her laying :) Candling quail eggs is a difficult process due to the speckled camouflage of the shell; I can usually see light pass through the egg until they've been incubated for close to a week, and then they get 'dark'. Dark indicating that there is development within the egg. I've yet to find a suitable light source to get better results from my candling efforts.

Alright thanks! And do you think they will ignore the egg since I touched it? I’ve seen the egg just lay there while they lay somewhere else. I’m just testing around to see if they would go to it or try to care for it because if not I’m going to have to sell them to someone to eat or give them away to someone who will eat them because at the moment I don’t have time to incubate a quail considering the fact that you need to keep adding water.

How many times a year do quails lay eggs? And how many? I still only have one from yesterday.

How many times a year do quails lay eggs? And how many? I still only have one from yesterday.
just like with chickens, you may not get regular eggs at first as others have stated, they are working out the “kinks” but also like chickens, quail typically lay 1 egg per day as long as they have 14-16 hours of daylight and proper nutrition.

Okay thanks! Also do you think the egg I’ll survive on it’s own outside? In the night time it gets cold. I just wanna leave it like that but if you say no I’ll just put it in the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom