Help! Need help identifying my ducks!

gabrielle580

In the Brooder
Apr 30, 2017
Oakley, Ca
My boyfriend got me two beautiful ducks today for my birthday. The man selling them did not know the breed or age of the ducks. New duck mama over here ! Any info is appreciated
1f601.png

[/IMG]

Looks like you may have a Pekin and an Ancona. They are beautiful congratulations! Nice BF to give you such pretty ducks! Maybe females...I don't see the drake feathers that males usually have. Unless they are very young then they haven't gotten them yet.

Thank you so much ! I was reading for hours yesterday and got the same answers. The man who had them did say that the black one is a male but I'm not too sure. We named them Opal and Ruby ! We went there just for one but when approached they got scared and these two quickly cuddled up to each other. So we felt best that we got both. So far they have been pretty happy swimming in their little pool !
1f601.png

The white could be a White layer which I think is what I have too. I thought runners where a bit skinnier than what you have so maybe the spotted one could be a cross b/w a runner and another breed.

Back
Top Bottom